New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I am enclosing the exchange of communication between I and NLEX Customer Service. Forgive my lengthy letter but it seems that I have to explain things in detail to NLEX to get their attention on this matter. I would have let it go but such incident happened not only once. Imagine the other motorists thinking "tatanga-tanga, nakalagay namang EC tag only" while I'm backing out of the EC tag lane and transferring to the pay lane.

Note also the time lag between response, they took 20 days to give me a mediocre answer. I would have posted my letter sooner but I waited for their answer to give them a fair chance of explaining their side.

-------------------------------------------------------------

30 March 2006

MS. MARYANN B. TOLENTINO
    Customer Relations Superintendent
    Tollways Management Corp.
    NLEX

Dear Ms. Tolentino,

I am writing to complain about the hassles I've been encountering with your EC Tag, which started since I changed the credit card I use for automatic debit. When I changed credit cards, I accomplished the form at Bocaue Customer Service Center and had my card photocopied. This was apparently not processed because my tag ran out of credits and I eventually experienced being embarrassed since I had to back out of the EC Tag lane and transfer to a pay lane in one of my trips. I brought this to the attention of your department and they said they'll look into it, only at this instance was my credit card information updated.

After some time one of your reps called me and verified the expiration date on my card which was printed as 06/08 or June 2008. I don't think this would have been confusing because you have a photocopy of my card which says it's valid from 06/05 to 06/08. On my way North the other day I entered the EC Tag lane again only to be requested to transfer (again) to the pay lane because the tag cannot be read by your detector. I dropped by your San Fernando Customer Service Center at around 10 a.m. and was told that they needed at least two hours to verify with my bank. So I called my bank on my cellphone and checked with them, found out that your office entered the expiration date of my card as August 2006, resulting it to be put on hold. I called up your Customer Service Center to inform them re this and was again told that they would need at least two hours to check with the bank. I asked them to hurry it up since I had to go back to Manila in the afternoon but I had to line up again in your pay lanes because your actions were too slow.

My concerns are:

* I purchased your tag and paid my toll fees in advance (since it's on auto debit) in order to make my use of NLEX more convenient, it seems that its the other way round.
    * Why do I have to back-up and transfer to another lane if my tag can't be read? Why can't a teller approach and accept my payment on that lane so as to avoid the hassle of transferring (more so if there is a line behind me)? Why should I be made to suffer from your incompetence?
    * Assuming the expiration date was really August 2006, isn't it too early to start blocking the credit card? This is a credit card not a Passport.
    * The cause of such hassle was very simple, in fact it was even verified by your office. What kind of system do you have in place, do you even bother to check if its working well? I don't think so.
    * WHY DO YOU NEED SO MUCH TIME TO RECTIFY SUCH A SIMPLE ERROR? Don't give me a reason citing that its more complicated than that. The bank told me it was very simple. I informed your office 9:30 a.m. and was informed that it was OK at 3:40 p.m.when I was already back in Manila, and only since I asked for an update. Your staff might tell you that they have been calling me but I only received one missed call from your office cellphone at around 2 p.m. Am I supposed to call you back? I AM THE CUSTOMER, I DO NOT RETURN MISSED CALLS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS!!
    * Can you imagine the unnecessary stress and expense (using my cellphone) you caused, since all the while I was expecting professional treatment but I received otherwise.

Why don't you ask for tips from SLEX, their service seems heavenly compared to yours? I don't think you deserve a good word from me after all this, and I'll be circulating my letter to automotive groups on the net so other travelers like me will get forewarned. We customers do not deserve to suffer from your shortcomings.

NICOLAS ANGEL II
    #2 Manzanita, Verdana Homes
    Molino IV, Bacoor, CAvite

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer Service
    to me
    More options Apr 3

Good Morning Sir,

We have received your complaint and have already forwarded it to the concern department.

Rest assured that we will give you feed back as soon as we have the response to your e-mail.

We will keep you posted.

Ingat po kayo,

NLE Customer Service

---------------------------------------------------

Customer Service
    to me
    More options Apr 10 (18 hours ago)

Sir,

Greetings from Tollways Management Corporation.

Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention.

The matter of the expiration date of your credit card not being changed in the system after it has been modified by our staff has already been elevated to our Toll Engineering department. Based on their investigation, we encountered an updating problem while processing the said transaction. They are taking a closer look on the problem to prevent the occurrence of the same incident.

With regard to the processing time, our affiliated bank gives update every two to four hours for approved or declined transactions, thus, the two hour wait. We will take into account all your concerns to further improve our service including the availability of ambulant tellers to assist you when you encounter problems at the dedicated EC Lanes especially at peak plazas (Balintawak and Bocaue).

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you. Rest assured that we will continue to strive harder to provide the best service possible. Should you encounter any problems with our service in the future, you may text me through my personal number (0917-2598530) and I will call you immediately and personally attend to your concern.

Very truly yours,

Mary Ann B. Tolentino

Customer Superintendent

Tollways Management Corporation

(02) 580-8900 local 8853

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hassle.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    been there...done that...using the e-pass sa SLEX....
    dahil sa asar ko, tinanggal ko na yung unit ko, and di ko na ginamit.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    laking abala.....they should have at least render assistance for this particular problem or other contingencies for that matter.

hirap nun at kakahiya, backup ka then change lane due to their stupidity.....ggrrrr!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by salonika
    * Why do I have to back-up and transfer to another lane if my tag can't be read? Why can't a teller approach and accept my payment on that lane so as to avoid the hassle of transferring (more so if there is a line behind me)? Why should I be made to suffer from your incompetence?
    agree ako dito. siguro sir next time pataasan mo na lang yung reload warning. since mukhang malayo parati tollgates na tinatravel mo, taas mo na lang reload. magkano po ba yung alloted level nyo para mag-auto debit ulit sa ec-tag?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    PhP 1,000 ang reload level ko, pang 4 na full length round trip. Wala naman sanang problema kung nag-auto load, kaso mali yung nilagay na expiry date ng card kaya ayun, hindi nag-load. Sa SLEX kung nag warning pagpasok mo sa Alabang, green na ulit pag-exit ng C5.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by salonika
    PhP 1,000 ang reload level ko, pang 4 na full length round trip. Wala naman sanang problema kung nag-auto load, kaso mali yung nilagay na expiry date ng card kaya ayun, hindi nag-load. Sa SLEX kung nag warning pagpasok mo sa Alabang, green na ulit pag-exit ng C5.

ah, hassle nga. nangyari na sa akin yan. nagpareload ako sa banco de oro, after 1 week pa na-update. bwiset.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I commiserate with you paps... almost the same thing happened with me. I have an E-Pass tag for SLEX. When I entered SLEX from Sucat, the light was still green but when I exited at Canlubang, it was already red. I had to pay the full length of the expressway just to avoid the hassle of going to another lane. Good thing though, is that the teller just got my payment and allowed me to exit. Auto debit din ang credit card ko... when I went to their office to complain, they just told me that there could have been some problem with the communication between my E-Pass and their reader.

Kainis....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nagtataka din ako kung bakit ang bagal ng processing ng mga EC tags ng NLEX. kung magapply ka ng EC tag, papabalikin ka pa after 3 days para makuha yung unit. but when i applied for mine, it took me only 30min dahil talagang nakiusap ako. pwede naman pala nilang magawa in 30 min, bakit ka pa papabalikin after 3 days?!?!?

then more than a week ago, i had my EC tag changed to auto debit from my credit card, after 5 days ko pa daw makukuha yung unit. sinubukan kong pakiusapan kung pwede kong hintayin, hindi daw pwede. tatawagan nalang daw ako if ready for pickup na yung unit ko. after 4 days, bumalik ako kahit hindi pa ako tinatawagan. ok na pala yung unit ko, pero wala naman tumawag sa akin. hindi ko malaman kung bakit kelangan ganun kahabang panahon para lang maayos yung EC tag. pwede naman na nilang ibalik sa akin yung unit at sabihin na gamitin ko nalang after 5 days para hindi na ako babalik sa office nila. yung serial number lang naman ng EC Tag ang kelangan nila para maprocess yung request ko.

regarding the EC Lanes naman, hindi pa sila parang engot na maglalagay sila ng mixed lane tapos hindi 'exact toll only' yung lane? tapos makikita mo yung 'exact toll only' dun sa non-EC tag lane.

tapos dun sa mga exits na maliliit lang, usually walang EC Lane only, puro mixed lane. dapat gawin nilang 'exact toll only' yung mixed lanes nila. hindi ko rin maintindihan sa mga motorists na walang EC Tag, bakit mas gusto nilang dun sa mixed lane pumasok kahit walang nakapila dun sa non-EC tag lane?!?!?!
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung amin binili namin from SM Marilao... 15 minutes nakuha na namin yung EC Tag.

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast
NLEX EC Tag Concerns