New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    The pleasure and honor is mine for joining this group and warmly welcoming me here. 170kphlang I would like to have a chat with you more sometime about your new age sti and your Forester 2.5 XT,It's got a turbo charged engine and four wheel drive, got a reputation here sa uk......I think it's the fastest suv dito. Are you still planning to modify your sti, I mean performance wise. I know it's already a fast car but sometimes people doesn't have contentment specially if it's for their car!(like me )

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hehe hindi na po sir, kuntento na po ako sa kung ano merong lakas nito. saka stock racing lang hilig ko, can't afford more to modify my ride. by the way maganda yung gusto mo na rb320 ( a tribute version for the great late richard burns ), try ninyo din tignan yung cosworth version na impreza type 25, ok din yun, modified na stock siya pagbinili

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Saan ba ang stock racing dyan sa atin sa Pinas sir, I've joined the convoy last year for all Scoobies, tribute and fund raising for Richard Burns' Charity organization for Cancer that he had set up while he's still battling the dreaded disease. I'm a member ng Subaru Impreza Driver's Club dito, we have track days din dito and they sometimes organize to watch the World Rally Championship sa Wales GB, every November yun e. Did you saw the New Rally car ng Subaru sa Rally Mexico? Pasensya ka na sir kung medyo late ang reply ko sa yo, I'm studying and at the same time working as well. post ka naman pix ng auto mo sir. I think type 25 is running 350 bhp and 356 lb ft torque and boost at 1.4 bar. Sub 4 seconds 0-60 miles and the 0-100 miles may just duck under 10 sec. Kaya lang yung distinctive burble sound ng Scooby nawala na.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Don't mind this guy, he's just plain nuts.
    don't talk about Jordan that way! :swear:

Q for Edward - how are the taxes for owning performance vehicles in the UK? i heard they are ridiculous...but where else can you get the TVRs, the Lotuses and the Nobles...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    sir edward, di ba sa England na-banned yung mga Subaru advertisements? kasi they promoted speeding daw?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tsk, tsk! sarap talaga ng subbie!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Yup. You're right M54. Subaru has been classed as A(that's the highest) sa road tax and then sa Insurance group they are classed 20,which is the highest din.......That part is the pain in the ........ for owning one but of course there is joy when you doing fast corner in the twisty roads here in England. Do you anything about TVR's and Nobles sir? Meron bang nag iimport dyan sa States?
    I don't know about the banned advertisements ng Subaru dito, Sir FXT but I haven't seen any adverts for Subaru for a long time maybe you're right.
    Thanks for the comment Sir Yuichi.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Nice ride! I remember a Fifth Gear episode wherein they tested an Impreza Type 25, I wonder if you've seen any there? I asked because Fifth Gear is in the UK diba?

Welcome aboard!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardk9 View Post
    Yup. You're right M54. Subaru has been classed as A(that's the highest) sa road tax and then sa Insurance group they are classed 20,which is the highest din.......That part is the pain in the ........ for owning one but of course there is joy when you doing fast corner in the twisty roads here in England. Do you anything about TVR's and Nobles sir? Meron bang nag iimport dyan sa States?
    have always admired the TVR's from afar but unfortunately wala pa rin dito :seeth:

i think somebody can source a Noble if you've got the money, though

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Nice ride! I remember a Fifth Gear episode wherein they tested an Impreza Type 25, I wonder if you've seen any there? I asked because Fifth Gear is in the UK diba?

Welcome aboard!
    Thanks mbeige for welcoming me...Fifth Gear and Top Gear are both from UK. The type 25 Jason Plato test drove is just a normal STI tuned up by Litchfields Imports but they are not the official tuner of Subaru in WRC. Prodrive ang tuner for WRC and they are also based here in England and they also tunes up one of the F1 teams. I dunno if you've heard of WR1 and P1,they are both higher spec for STI. WR1 is a Limited Edition for Petter Solberg.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
New Kid on the Block!