New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I have a NISSAN SENTRA SUPER SALOON ECCS with all power feature its an manual trany i need to set it up but i dont know where i can find shop with a cheap and relaible accessories with my car, if you know some accessories shop that can help me set up my rides is a very needfull for me....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprofile69 View Post
    I have a NISSAN SENTRA SUPER SALOON ECCS with all power feature its an manual trany i need to set it up but i dont know where i can find shop with a cheap and relaible accessories with my car, if you know some accessories shop that can help me set up my rides is a very needfull for me....
    I assume that is the 92 type model of the B13 Nissan Sentra. I used to drive one before.

What type of setup are you looking for your Sentra? Performance? Audio? or Asthetics?

Choosing one of the three options will give you a direction and save money (a bit only).

If you choose performance, you will have to understand that your fuel consumption WILL increase.

n/a upgrades I did for my Sentra:
    -headers 4-2-1 type from nodalos
    -freeflow muffler - full stainless, made by freemuff
    -freeflow exhaust resonator
    -two inch exhaust pipes
    -K&N cone type filter
    -APEXi S-AFC (air-fuel controller)
    -Stillen Fuel Pressure Riser
    -Clutchmasters stage-1 clutch kit
    -Eibach sportline lowering springs
    -Rota 15inch alloy wheels & 195/50/15 Bridgestone tires.

If you are on a tight budget, you can target the following:
    -wheels (light weight Rota wheels)
    -suspension (lowering springs)
    -cone type intake (simota are cheap)
    -freeflow muffler

If you want better performance from your Sentra, there are two roads you can take. One is installing a turbo. This is expensive and complex. You will also be limited to the internal strength of your engine, which would limit you to around 140hp max. The other option is an engine swap with the SR20DE engine, this is actually cheaper than getting a turbo. That engine is almost a drop-in swap and will give you 140 to 145hp factory stock power. Adding a nitrous or turbo to that engine will result in a maximum power of around 190hp with stock internals.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 24th, 2006 at 09:50 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    sir thanks for the advice maybe i will consider it all actually my rides was 93 model NISSAN SENTRA SUPER SALOON ECCS with all power features...it has a mags already but i need it to be lowered so it will looks nice naman ung may dating, i will set up also my sounds actually i bought already a 4way pioneer loud speaker and ang pioneer car stereo with mp3 on it so no need for a cd changer...
    about naman sa muffler maybe it is best to go to with freeflow muffler but i dont know if the sound of it was better d basag ung tunog...

with the filter i will check what you are saying if that one will fit in my engine bay....but sir do you know to where i can bring my car to have done it all?

and also sir my car dont have security alarm is it neccessary to have it? I seen some here in chikot but can you also advice what was the best? thank you very much sir for the advice God bless....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprofile69 View Post
    sir thanks for the advice maybe i will consider it all actually my rides was 93 model NISSAN SENTRA SUPER SALOON ECCS with all power features...
    I had the same car.

it has a mags already but i need it to be lowered so it will looks nice naman ung may dating,
    You must know that the front suspension for the B13 sentra has a relatively short suspension travel and any amount of lowering will result in it bottoming out with bigger bumps. So be prepared for that when you lower your car's ride height. If possible, minimize the amount of lowering to preserve suspension travel.

i will set up also my sounds actually i bought already a 4way pioneer loud speaker and ang pioneer car stereo with mp3 on it so no need for a cd changer...
    Stay away from subwoofers if you want to keep the car's performance up. I went throught a "subwoofer" stage in my car which I later removed when I went to drag racing with it.

about naman sa muffler maybe it is best to go to with freeflow muffler but i dont know if the sound of it was better d basag ung tunog...
    I don't like the current types of freeflow mufflers, they tend to be nothing more than a big pipe. The muffler shops used to have freeflow mufflers which looked like stock mufflers (but with bigger diameter end pipes).

I had a custom full-stainless freeflow muffler made for my current car because of I couldn't find a ready-made one that I liked. It basically looks like a factory muffler but with 2 inch end pipes.

To adjust the muffler sound to a more mellow tone, try getting the biggest "resonator" you can find in your favorite muffler shop.

with the filter i will check what you are saying if that one will fit in my engine bay....
    you can buy a cone filter almost in any auto accessories store. The problem is finding the correct "adapter". Simota cone filter kits are usually the least headaches because they include nearly everything you'll need to install, including the tube.

but sir do you know to where i can bring my car to have done it all?
    except for the muffler & lowering springs, there are shops in Cubao's AutoCentro who could install most of your stuff.

and also sir my car dont have security alarm is it neccessary to have it? I seen some here in chikot but can you also advice what was the best?
    Personally, having a car alarm is a big plus against having your car stolen, even if its a 13 year old car. I used to have a Silicon brand alarm on my Sentra since they were cheap but still had decent quality but today there are more brands but I don't know what to recommend since my current car came with factory alarm.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ^^^ Gospel. I used to have that car, too.

Especially true: lowering: The Sentra's short stroke suspension isn't the best for lowering... so if you really want to do it, pony up the money for stiff lowering springs, and don't go the "putol" route, as this will compromise the useability and durability of the car. My bro once had the front springs of one of our Sentras cut... resulted in busted bushings within a month!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I also currently have a B13 Sentra..but a 92...automatic tranny (go ahead n laugh). All power also. The front suspension is total crap. I dont have any lowering done to mine...n my clearance isnt great, n i once hit my stock bumper upon entering the gas station entrance that slopes down a little coming from the highway. As of now, my right front shock is really bouncy, im getting that replaced early next month. The clearance is bad for mine, on some larger speedbumps..i still get hit underneath.

Ghosthunter, how much would a turbo kit cost? and how much would the new engine for the swap cost?

But if done correctly...you can have a nice looking b13 sentra. I was at the mall a couple weeks back..n saw a B13 n it was the same color as mine. I had to take a pic of it..because it does have a nice bodykit..and makes itself standout from the standard B13 Sentra image.

Have fun with your B13... i've only had mine for about.2yrs..it gave us headaches financially at first..because it had so many problems. But after we ran out of problems to fix..its become reliable, and fun to drive. Enjoy yours!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    Ghosthunter, how much would a turbo kit cost? and how much would the new engine for the swap cost?
    Years ago, I had my Sentra fitted with a bolt-on turbo intercooler kit and it costed me P100k. Note that it was a turbo kit designed for the Sentra 1.6L B14 and adjusted to fit the B13 (mainly a problem of certain mounting brackets and clearance for one of the intercooler pipes).

A SR20DE engine complete with tranny & ECU would cost around P40K-P50K and labor would be roughly P15K.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here's an old digital camera picture of my Sentra.

externally, you can see I had headlight covers, a sunroof and three-spoke Rota wheels on it.

simple for looks for me > GTS set-up...maganda itsura nun.

performance, well, pasalpakan mo nalng ng sr20de pwede na...and remember, once perfance setup is made, 99% neglect the part na makakatipid ka sa fuel.. kung looks, dont go putol, mabab na ang senta series 2 as it is, skirts at 15" na 55-60% na gulong lang pwede na...mukhang lowered na..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For the SR20 swap, though, take your time and do it right. A lot of guys run afoul of mismatched and customized drive-axles (I did... and I know of a couple of others, too)... the SR20 comes in a whole kaboodle of cars, which means tons of different length and splined axles... make sure yours comes complete with the proper axles. Lucky you if you get a transmission from a JDM Sentra/Pulsar complete with proper axles and LSD...

Besides that, the SR20 is a great engine... revs high and has good low-end torque. Heck, it's faster than my current 2.0 (well, faster than it was when stock...), and mate that to a light body like the B13... hehehe...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
need help for setting up my rides...