New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    There are other better (and less costly) choices bet. the two luxury entry-level sub-compacts, you are currently pondering on. However, those alternative choices would be limited to mostly Japanese brands with the best bang-for-the-buck purchase in mind. Try either Mazda6 2.3, Honda Accord V6, 2006 Honda Civic 2.0, and you would still have with some spare change for other things. Would you consider SUVs or CUVs?
    hmmm, a mazda 6 or a honda 2006 civic would mean spare change for bags hehe ... not bad at all

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by too_jealous
    hmmm, a mazda 6 or a honda 2006 civic would mean spare change for bags hehe ... not bad at all
    IMO, the Mazda6 esp. in color white is the best and looks better than a Civic anytime. Not only its looks, but the Mazda 6 has the more in store like the red-line revable engine and superb cornering handling.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    IMO, the Mazda6 esp. in color white is the best and looks better than a Civic anytime. Not only its looks, but the Mazda 6 has the more in store like the red-line revable engine and superb cornering handling.
    would you happen to know the price of the mazda 6? today i was able to get the prices for the honda civic s 905k and the bmw 1 series 118i 1.820m. how much mazda 6?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Around 1.3m AFAIK, but I could be wrong (and I often am... ).

As for learning to drive... nothing beats going to a racing school. Knowing your limits and the limits of your vehicle often makes you more careful of those limits than others who've never seen their car swap ends. High performance driving lessons aren't just for the speed freak, they're for anyone who wants to be able to drive safely and surely.

I may be a speed freak on track, but you'd be surprised at how slowly I drive an AUV or van when I have to. Thanks to experience, I'm more aware of their limits than the "harabas" company drivers are, thus, a bit more careful.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    well the accord v6 is the fastest "common" car around these days and for 1.6M you're gonna be dusting BMW 120i's right and left. :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    .. although i might add. for the price of a BMW 120i mag ford explorer ka nalang!!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    syempre biased ako...I'm all for Minis ;)

BMW dealers here do NOT service Minis & yes, through grey market imports lang makakakuha ng Mini dito. in our Mini group, meron bumili ng bnew Mini Cooper S last year, syempre hindi honored yung warranty dito kasi wala casa. where do we have our Minis serviced? meron naman shops that can handle basic maintenance for a Mini eh. wag lang tamaan ng electrical gremlins (knock knock!) parts availability? abroad talaga. in our modest-sized new Mini group, most are of the older generation so when they go abroad like to hong kong or singapore, nakikisuyo na lang kami na magpabili ng parts sa kanila, although pwede rin magpa-order through some shops here.

& yes, head turner talaga Mini. hehehe! there may be a lot of faster cars around...pero lamang yung Mini sa smiles per mile (for me syempre)

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by too_jealous
    would you happen to know the price of the mazda 6? today i was able to get the prices for the honda civic s 905k and the bmw 1 series 118i 1.820m. how much mazda 6?
    SRP for Mazda6 2.3 is now Php 1.395M.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    & btw, only a few of us in the Mini club use their Mini's regularly. i used to use mine regularly for almost a year now. my dad wants me to keep the miles low on it so i'm currently having a honda prepped for everyday use. most of the guys in the group only use their Minis a few times in a week. most of the Minis have less than 20k kms on it but there are 2 or 3 i think that have less than 3k kms on it (04 models). my advice? get a daily car then get a Mini for the weekends ;)

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    what about a suzuki swift? poor man's mini :D
    and with the change get a suzuki grand vitara and you can go offroading

all for roughly the price of a mini

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
my first car!