New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    German Loremo AG will introduce their ultra Efficient Car at the Motor Show 2006 (site) in Geneva next week.

The car start-up developed a light-weight passenger car with outstanding aerodynamics. The Loremo LS is powered by a 2 cylinder Turbo Diesel engine with 20 hp and 160km/h top speed. The amazing thing is that the Loremo only needs 1.5l per 100km. This is approx. 157MPG!

The Toyota Prius hybrid has only 55MPG (combined city and highway).
    With one tank (20l) you could drive 1,300km.

Loremo AG plans to sell the Loremo LS for less than 11,000 Euros (~$13,000).

One reason for the low consumption is the low weight of 450kg. The company designed the Loremo focusing on safety and efficiency and got rid of unnecessary functions. The car is small but still provides space for 4.
    ---
    The design of the car is very futuristic and has for instance no conventional doors.

Loremo AG also plans to offer the Loremo GS with a bit stronger engine (50 hp, 2.7l/100km) that reaches top speeds of 220km/h (for the German Autobahn).
    More details on the Loremo site.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    20hp car that goes 160kmh and only uses 1.5l per 100km. Too good to be true but i'm hoping that it is.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Maybe it didn't mention how long it would take for the car to reach 160kmh on a straight line and how long it should maintain at what speed in order to only consume only 1.5L of diesel for every 100km.

But for the sake of expensive fuel I hope it works.

Wonder if it would pass the standards of crash test both in USA and Europe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gaan siguro nyan

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I can believe it. 20 hp is enough if the car is slippery and light.

If just 80 hp can propel a 2-ton AUV with the aerodynamics of a brick to 140 km/h, I suppose just 20 can do the same for something weighing less than 1/4 as much and with much much less drag.

Wonder how much it'll cost? Looks like a good alternative to a motorbike.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Well I have visited their site and in words it's very promising.

Problem is we all have to wait until 2009 if they make it to production.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    er... no conventional doors?

so how do you get in? i suppose by removing the roof and jumping into the cockpit?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    On their site it says the car only weights 450kg!!!!!

O to 100km/h in 20 secs.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    according to howstuffworks it only takes 20hp to propel a conventional car at 55mph including the hotel load (A/C, power steering, electricals). a conventional car weighs 3X as much as this loremo.

but $13000 for such a tiny car means it costs as much as a civic. it would not sell well here. if the price were $5000, now we're talking!

idea: suzuki multicab/super carry, some versions have a 660cc gasoline turbo. they get piss-poor fuel mileage because people in the provinces load tons of people on them and the engine wheezes. but -- with the proper lightweight body (even if not as aerodynamic as the loremo) it would probably be OK.

i guess that's the idea of the norkis legacy, unfortunately the legacy is uglific. if someone could make a norkis legacy alike for say 300,000 that carries 4 people and doesn't look like a Japanese junkyard refugee, it might have a market here.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i'd get one if it will be available here, 1.5L per 100kms is just too good to pass up. sarap ibyahe to, wala kang problema sa gastos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Loremo: Ultra Efficient Car - 157 MPG!