New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Nice! but I can see that the movie has used a lot of CGs indeed... Dhel I must agree with you that they used a mid 90s car line up, instead of using a 350Z they used a 300Z.. (cute chick driver of the Z huh )

Too bad they had to cancel the use of Godzilla bec. of the evil RX-7 boss car. Just like, drey, M54, and the Japanese fans, I too am a bit dissapointed lang.. kinda don't like what car the main character takumi wanabe uses, the oh so under powered white RX-7 FC.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Wow! The CGs looks like the intros of NFS!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Parang NFS nga, hehehe. Adrenaline pumping naman yung trailer. Sana nga lang may Skyline.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Looks to mangga...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's a Japanese movie... that's probably the point...

Quote Originally Posted by IGNITED View Post
    Nice! but I can see that the movie has used a lot of CGs indeed... Dhel I must agree with you that they used a mid 90s car line up, instead of using a 350Z they used a 300Z.. (cute chick driver of the Z huh )

Too bad they had to cancel the use of Godzilla bec. of the evil RX-7 boss car. Just like, drey, M54, and the Japanese fans, I too am a bit dissapointed lang.. kinda don't like what car the main character takumi wanabe uses, the oh so under powered white RX-7 FC.
    It's the whole tuning culture and ethos. Take a cheap underdog and tune it to catastrophic heights of power and speed.

That's why Initial D was such a hit... would it be believable for the hometown hero to own a Skyline? No. He had to start from a lowly position, using a non-descript and underpowered car, which his dad tuned into a handling monster.

And even when they gave it more power, it was still not a very fast car.

While having the hero drive a Skyline or a 350Z would be nice... it's not as much of a thrill... you know he's going to win, right? But if he's driving a ratty old AE86 with an engine that's about to bomb, or an old cobbled-together Mustang with a solid-rear axle and dubious handling... then it gets interesting.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's a Japanese movie... that's probably the point...

It's the whole tuning culture and ethos. Take a cheap underdog and tune it to catastrophic heights of power and speed.

That's why Initial D was such a hit... would it be believable for the hometown hero to own a Skyline? No. He had to start from a lowly position, using a non-descript and underpowered car, which his dad tuned into a handling monster.

And even when they gave it more power, it was still not a very fast car.

While having the hero drive a Skyline or a 350Z would be nice... it's not as much of a thrill... you know he's going to win, right? But if he's driving a ratty old AE86 with an engine that's about to bomb, or an old cobbled-together Mustang with a solid-rear axle and dubious handling... then it gets interesting.
    Exactomundo!!!
    Just like in Initial D, Takumi in his "Hachi Roku" taking on and handling (usually from a late comeback) the bigboyz from RX-7 FDs to Godzilla GT-R! Buti pa dun sa Wangan Midnight, where the main character Akio Asakura uses a "cursed Midnight Blue Devil Z" a Nissan Fairlady Z S30Z (known as the Datsun 240Z in certain markets) mas believable ng KONTI kc the car itself is... possessed... scary.....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I think the movie will be into the "drift" scene based on the cars listed ... and since evos and subbies don't drift, they're not included.

HUWAT ??? EVO and SUBBIES not for drifting ?? you must be kidding me.. mas ok nga pang drift yan kasi AWD ...

If you know the EMPEROR team in initial D then you will know

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aizen View Post
    HUWAT ??? EVO and SUBBIES not for drifting ?? you must be kidding me.. mas ok nga pang drift yan kasi AWD ...

AFAIK RWD cars are much more preferred drift machines than AWD since having an AWD machine gives you more grip on the pavement...
    my .02 cents...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aizen View Post

I think the Emperor team in Initial D valued grip over drift when they were racing. BTW, it is not good to base your judgements on anime physics.

I have had the good fortune to drive a WRX and to drift it around a little. It show me that it would require pushing the car harder into the curve but would result in a "show drift" which is slower. This is compared to other cars (RWD, FWD config) with the same entry speeds to the curves.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 19th, 2007 at 04:06 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    may tanong lang po ako sa tokyo drift tungkoldun sa mustang na ginamit nung bida sa huli nung nilabanan niya si DK diba yung makina po doon ang kinabit nila ay yung pang skyline RB20 tama po ba??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Japan's Version of The Fast n' The Furious- Speed Master Movie