New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    pagkaalam ko, made of rubber ang "rumble strips"...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you notice, most of these strip are located near sa tool booths. I think this is to remind us to slow down and warn us of the coming booths.

Daming ganyan sa Saudi pero naka install naman s intersections.

Isa lang masasabi ko sa strips na yan, SARAP SA PWIT! Sabay pa nung tunog sa BRRRRGGGGG! :bike: Hehehe!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    mga sir, buhayin ko lang po sana itong thread na to. looking for some allies, especially those who use the slex daily.

in case some of you haven't noticed, they installed a new set of rumble strips along the northbound lane just before the C-5 exit ramp. compared to the other rumble strips they installed before, these are just TOO THICK. everytime i drive through them, halos makalas na pang ilalim ko. as motorists, we pay for use of the tollway. sana naman, we don't have to pay extra for us to fix our suspension and other parts that could get damaged because of our using their tollway.

i've emailed a mr. ed nepomuceno from pncc and he was nice enough to email me back. i'd like to share my exchanges with him for your information.

i'm hoping some of you can take time to email him to ask them to THIN OUT those menacing strips. we are going to be paying extra for repairs on our cars later on, especially for those who drive through it daily. sa mahal ng piyesa ngayon, hirap din lahat.

i'm willing to pay for use of the tollway for the (in)convenience it provides. pero huwag naman sana silang maglagay ng isang bagay na makakasira sa mga sasakyan natin. mga butas, maiiwasan pa siguro. pero tong mga strips na to, hindi. madadaanan at madadaanan mo talaga sila.

eto po email exchange ko sa kanila. the latest is just this morning po.

Thank you again Sir for the quick reply.

So I suppose there is no chance of just thinning them down? Kahit konti lang naman po sana. Kawawa din naman kaming mga motorista. Siyempre, mahal din naman piyesa, considering daily kami dumaadaan po sa tollway niyo.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 1:09 AM
    To: 'ose Ma. Lolarga'; pnccnet*globelines.com.ph; lmaralit*skyway.com.ph; 'Ado Diaz'
    Subject: RE: Rumble strips along SLEX northbound (before C5 exit)

Noted Sir. As a compromise, I will have advance signages placed ahead of the rumble strips warning motorists as follows:

Slow Down Rumble Strips Ahead.

Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 5:18 PM
    To: 'Ed Nepomuceno'; pnccnet*globelines.com.ph; lmaralit*skyway.com.ph; 'Ado Diaz'

Dear Mr. Nepomuceno,

Thank you sir for your reply. It is very much appreciated.

I am a daily user of the tollway and do recognize the need for those as I’ve seen people swerving into the exit ramp to C-5 from the innermost lane and vice versa. I’m just concerned that motorists, me as an example, will take drastic measures like slowing down considerably to lessen the violent vibrations on my vehicle. Siyempre po, ayaw naman naming masira mga pang-ilalim naming at gastos uli. Evasive maneuvers like that could in fact cause more accidents.

In fact, I’ve observed other motorists step on their brakes before hitting the strips, reinforcing my hunch that accidents could still happen there. A bus or truck following one closely that doesn’t feel the need to slow down because of those strips might just rear end one who does. This area could then continue to being identified as a “Black Spot”.

All I am requesting is that they be thinned down a bit. Compared to your other strips along the tollway, the ones along C-5 are just too thick. I suppose that’s why they called them rumble strips, not shudder strips.

But kidding aside, I hope you could just take a second look at it please. I may be the only one ‘complaining’ about it but I hope my communication could spur something positive.

Thank you again for your reply.

Yours truly,

Mari Lolarga

Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 10:57 AM
    To: 'Jose Ma. Lolarga'; pnccnet*globelines.com.ph; lmaralit*skyway.com.ph; Ado Diaz

Dear Mr. Lolarga;

Thank you for your letter calling our attention on the matter of the rumble strips approaching C-5 ramp.

The area has been identified as a “Black Spot” meaning to say that it has been a spot where a number of accidents had occurred on a more frequent basis. Hence, we have decided to put into place the said rumble strips the very purpose of which is to forewarn the motorists.
    As to the thickness of the strips, rest assured that we followed the standards as specified by the DPWH and the TRB.

Ed Nepomuceno

Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 11:05 PM
    To: pnccnet*globelines.com.ph; adodiad*skyway.com.ph; ednep*skyway.com.ph; lmaralit*skyway.com.ph
    Subject: Rumble strips along SLEX northbound (before C5 exit)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing you regarding the rumble strips that have been recently installed along the north bound lane SLEX at-ground, just before the exit ramp to the C-5 exit.

I am aware that this has been installed recently. These strips apparently are TOO THICK and are causing my vehicle to shudder violently every time I run over it. I am driving an old 1996 Toyota Lite Ace with stock wheels (13”) and, unlike those with larger diameter wheels, feel the full effect of these strips.

I am aware that PNCC is not in direct management and operational control of Nichols to Alabang as this is run by Citra instead.

I am hoping that somebody will take time to please “thin down” those strips, if not remove them completely, as they are doing more harm than good. More harm because motorists like myself, have to pay extra for having to fix my suspension when it starts to have problems because I have to drive through those strips daily. This is on top of what I have to pay for using your tollway coming from Sta. Rosa, Laguna.

Thank you.

Yours truly,

Mari G. Lolarga

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^to itlog na pula,

i share your views, in fact, i was here the other day, going 90 kph, when i hit these bumps. sa lakas ng impact, nawala sa focus yung rear view mirror ko, and i think these caused my two front tires to be oblong dahil when i was going back from makati, iba na ang takbo ng oto. maalog na. when i had it checked yesterday afternoon, oblong nga ang goma ko sa harap.

i'll do an email to to skyway management.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; June 4th, 2009 at 08:17 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    ^^to itlog na pula,

i share your views, in fact, i was here the other day, going 90 kph, when i hit these bumps. sa lakas ng impact, nawala sa focus yung rear view mirror ko, and i think these caused my two front tires to be oblong dahil when i was going back from makati, iba na ang takbo ng oto. maalog na. when i had it checked yesterday afternoon, oblong nga ang goma ko sa harap.

i'll do an email to to skyway management.
    thank you 1D4LV for the post and email to them.

this is exactly my point. we have to pay them to use the tollway, tapos masisiraan pa tayo ng mga piyesa ng oto natin? that's too much. some idiot (not referring to ed nepomuceno) was stupid enough to put in too much thickness to those strips.

look at you now, have to spend extra for tires. actually, ako din, my right rear biglang na-oblong din, humiwalay inner ply sa thread. now tomorrow, i have to buy a new set. at least P2k pa for using the not-so-expressway.

i hope the others can take time to do an email to them. let's use these boards to our advantage as a collective voice. we're not out to get them. we just want to remind them na baka napa-sobra lang gawa nila.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^itlog, yup. i hope people here would also send out emails.
    i've sent one already.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

For 2-3 weeks already, I am using SLEX everyday, exiting at C5, but have not encountered this group of 'rumble strips'. Where are they placed? Are they on the rightmost lane just before the ramp-up to the C5 exit?

Typically, I am taking the middle lane as it gives me 'direct' access to the epass lane.

8000:borg1:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^pat, yes, they are at the rightmost lane, going to the cash payment.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Tsikoteer bros and sis, let's email barage PNCC's Ed Nepomuceno. Suggest also ways na mas maganda sa mini humps. Tawag nila rumble strips tawag ko doon humps kasi nakakapeste talaga iyong papuntang C5. Iyong sa southbound naman going Alabang hindi.

Inemphasize ko na I'm also all for safety pero mas maganda diba na kung iimplement na lang ang full force ng law kaysa sa itong brute force method na ginagawa nila?

Actually sa Amerika rumble strips are placed pero hindi all lanes covered at hindi ganun katataas. And most of them kung sakaling maginstall sa freeway ay nasa gitna ng lane (parallel ng lane markings) to signal the driver that he/she will be overtaking at hindi ganun ka bumpy katulad ng nandun sa nakainstall before the C5 entrance gate.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Ang galing ni Sir Ed...may reason naman pala sya. Mas ok na daw masira mga gulong at sasakyan kesa masira ang sasakyan kasama ang buhay natin...correct...siguro pinag aralan naman muna nila yan bago na implement diba?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
humps along SLEX??