New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    what about the quality of petrol here, is it the same as the US or Euro countries? And why do we have a higher octane rating than the US? Parang baligtad.
    lower kasi ang compression ratios ng engines sa US kesa sa Pinas so hindi nila need ang higher octane gas.

to airshaq

in response to your question, maybe you are referring to unleaded gasoline kaya sabi mo kelan lang lumabas ang 95 octane gas sa pinas? well before there was 95 octane unleaded there was premium leaded gas, which if my memory serves correct, was also marketted as 95 octane gas. and this came out in the early 80's yet.

i am not arguing with you by the way.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, our numbers are RON (research octane numbers), not Test Octane. Mas mababa yung TON for the same gas.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO
    If it isnt a hassle everything would be great * a high resolution but if it's too much trouble just the specs lang.

To save tsikot's bandwidth & disk space upload the image to http://imageshack.us/ Free siya and provides thumbnails so the forum wont bog down.
    na-upload ko na, pero masyadong malaki ang pics para i-post dito sa forum, kung liliitan ko naman, hindi na mabasa.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    to airshaq

in response to your question, maybe you are referring to unleaded gasoline kaya sabi mo kelan lang lumabas ang 95 octane gas sa pinas? well before there was 95 octane unleaded there was premium leaded gas, which if my memory serves correct, was also marketted as 95 octane gas. and this came out in the early 80's yet.

i am not arguing with you by the way.
    Thanks Yebo. I guess the octane rating in the Philippines is higher vs the standard rating here in the US.

I said that because my Civic that i drove back in the Philippines knocked when i used regular gas.

My dodge caravan here uses cheap gas (87 octane) and thats what the manufacturer recommends....never had a single knock so for my conclusion - gas manufacturers use the "higher" rating system for, again, marketing purposes (just like how they do with horsepower ratings).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Supierreman
    yep dito lang sa pinas yan and dito lang lagi sinasabi na may vtec 3 sa ES sa ibang markets even the 1.7L vtec doesnt have Vtec 3 AFAIK.
    and Russia only!

130hp... hmmmm... though interesting that it isn't the fastest 1.6L sedan out there... in the last C! comparo the previous gen Exalta was the fastest to 100kph.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mazdamazda,
    meron ka link nung russian site saying it's vtec3 same as the local civic? pahingi naman ipost ko to sa HCP :D

I've seen the russian Honda site and the 1.6Vtec is only 110hp http://www.honda.co.ru/catalog/avto/civic_4d/tech.html

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pansin ko rin yung discrepancy. i think the familia was adverstised as 110/112 hp although research shows na 105 lang ang sa ibang countries. although napansin ko usually iba ang max hp/rpm figures nya. sample uli yung sa familia, it was advertised as 112 hp/6500 rpm. yung mga nakita ko sa net ay 105 hp/ 6000 (or 5500) rpm. i was thinking maybe it was tuned in way that the extra 500 (or 1000) rpm could generate the 7 hp difference. im no car expert though. hula ko lang. hehehe. you might want to check the max rpm of the other 'dubious' ratings.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter
    pansin ko rin yung discrepancy. i think the familia was adverstised as 110/112 hp although research shows na 105 lang ang sa ibang countries. although napansin ko usually iba ang max hp/rpm figures nya. sample uli yung sa familia, it was advertised as 112 hp/6500 rpm. yung mga nakita ko sa net ay 105 hp/ 6000 (or 5500) rpm. i was thinking maybe it was tuned in way that the extra 500 (or 1000) rpm could generate the 7 hp difference. im no car expert though. hula ko lang. hehehe. you might want to check the max rpm of the other 'dubious' ratings.
    As for the Familia... medyo magulo yan... lalo na yung B6 engine. Maraming variant the B6 engine kasi... may B6T, B6D, SOHC B6, B6-2E, B6ZE, B6F. Depende rin kung Japan, Australia or USA spec (mas mababa ang output ng US dahil sa emmissions). And hula ko sa engine na available sa local Familia ay B6D.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Add ko lang yung Forester 2.5XT, hindi man tinest ang HP, yung acceleration figures na claimed ay mas mabagal pa sa actual test sa C! Mag. See for yourselves! Kabaliktaran ng HP wars. Or they just suck at marketing? haha.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Confirm ko lang... Honda Civic SIR (Local B16a) Nde po 160hp? kundi.. 140hp? or 120hp?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
HP Ratings ng Local Cars...