New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Guys,

I noticed there is a big diferrence in accelerator pedals between a 1999 camry and my nissan exalta STA....yung sa camry super lambot..yung sakin medyo maganit..is this normal? Depende ba sa make ng car?

please comment..

thanks,

city

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on the car's design and wear & tear of the vehicle.

thanks ghosthunter....is there a way to make mine smoother like the camry?

city

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    paminsan kasi perceived smoothness is dependent on how smooth the engine/tranny actually is.

Depende din sa pano ginawa ang throttle cable system...

Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    paminsan kasi perceived smoothness is dependent on how smooth the engine/tranny actually is.

Depende din sa pano ginawa ang throttle cable system...

thanks theveed!..it's strange the exalta throttle cable loops around on top of the engine....can this modified because the engine gets hot and probably the cable lube is drying up?

regards,

city

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nah, I doubt it coz most engines ganun ang setup. I honestly doubt that it has any direct relation with the cable itself... If mahina ang makina naturally mas mabigat ang throttle compared to a larger engined car. Lalo na kung automatic pre.

k.thanks again.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can have the return spring (of the accelerator pedal) adjusted slightly for a softer feel.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may problem ung sa throttle pedal ng civic namin. maganit siya, pero pag ginalaw ko ung cable mismo don sa may engine bay. pag apak ko don sa pedal ayos na ulit. bat kaya ganon? tinatanggal ko lang ung cable sa pagkakalagay niya tapos loop ko na ulit. ayun ok na. pero pag tagal bumabalik din sa dating problema. pano kay un?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    needs lubrication?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How smooth should accelerator pedals be?