New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup... automatic transmission. Slow as molasses... hahaha... that was a really funny race. I didn't feel like speeding, but he gunned his engine... I followed... I won.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

mabagal lang naman ang matic sa start-up,e... pero pag nakarekta na lalaban na.. ganun ginagawa ko sa dati kong delica, at sa current liteace (siyempre ingat sa pagtapak ako, prone sa usok ang diesel pag binigla,e..)

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    kapag lowered na car mo hindi ka na makapag sakay ng tao sa likod, tapos maging matag tag ang kotse mo, at asahan mo sayad abutin sa undercarriage ng kotse mo...

naku naiwan skirts, lip, muffler... sabay !*#$%

sayang pera...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Very slowly.

I once out-dragged a Honda SiR with my Nissan Sentra.

My stock, automatic Nissan Sentra. Which gets to 60 mph in all of 14 seconds.

And he was really trying, too. Revved the nuts off his engine... nearly had me in first gear... then I passed him like he was standing still.

See, he was lowered so bad that he was just three or four inches off the ground. He had to slow down to zero km/h for a very slight (as in, six inches high, slope of just 20-25 degrees) hump. I just drove over it at full speed.
    Hahahaha! This is a classic

Rice versus simplicity.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    kapag lowered na car mo hindi ka na makapag sakay ng tao sa likod, tapos maging matag tag ang kotse mo, at asahan mo sayad abutin sa undercarriage ng kotse mo...

naku naiwan skirts, lip, muffler... sabay !*#$%

sayang pera...

+10 on this one. The danger also lies in the car's handling which will be severely affected as there will be greater chance of the car bottoming out at high speeds because the wheels are now sitting much higher in relation to the car.

Unless of course you love to see those sparks from underneath

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've seen that happen, too.

Not exactly a pretty sight, sparks coming out from underneath another car at 160 km/h...

Me, I've enjoyed the handling benefits of mild lowering (1" - 1.5"), bt the headaches (yes, I've split chins and broken exhausts... so sue me, I wasn't the one who lowered the car... ) weren't worth it.

And ever since getting the Lynx and getting onto the track, I've seen the benefits of having both a stiff suspension and good suspension travel, as I've seen quite a few cars get knocked out of control because they were too low or stiff.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Used to enjoy/have these stuffs. Worst case, my car then was affectionately attracted to the humps of one of the villages here, because it has kissed all of them no matter how slow and how diagonal I'd go over them.....Whew! I also realized that you're an accident waiting to happen as you have to practically slow down to almost a stand still when passing over the village humps.....

4101:victory:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yup... automatic transmission. Slow as molasses... hahaha... that was a really funny race. I didn't feel like speeding, but he gunned his engine... I followed... I won.
    cool, never heard of an a/t compete in drag races.

talagang totoo yung sinasabi sa FF3 "it's not the ride, its the rider"

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    car ko lowered 1.5 inches. nakakasakay naman limang tao sa kotse ko.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    minimum ground clearance? ... make a survey of the tallest humps in your normal route. The tallest one should be your minimum ground clearance.
    +1 to this, if you want talaga to lower it! Ganyan ginawa ko nung ni-lowered ko yung kotse ko!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
How low is too low?