New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    For the guys with the lowered rides....how low is too low?? What's the minimum ground clearance of your rides para hindi sumayad?? This is assuming, of course, that the car is lowered correctly by using drop spindles/lowering springs and not by the putol route.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    minimum ground clearance? ... make a survey of the tallest humps in your normal route. The tallest one should be your minimum ground clearance.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Uh... for me? Stock...

Depends on the ride and the situation. If you have lots of humps in your area and your car has long overhangs, then you can't lower it very much.

Heck, even just 1.5" worth of lowering will see you scrape your bumper on some ramps in Makati.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dont know how you guys in the Philippines do it. with some of those speed bumps being half the height of a small car's wheel, i would be paranoid. and is it a requirement in some cities that ramps be at least at a 20 degree angle?

anyway, it doesn't feel like lowering is a practical option on the roads there. nonetheless, i did see a few slammed cars (at least 2 - 2.5" lowering) while i was there...i wonder how they dealt with life

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Very slowly.

I once out-dragged a Honda SiR with my Nissan Sentra.

My stock, automatic Nissan Sentra. Which gets to 60 mph in all of 14 seconds.

And he was really trying, too. Revved the nuts off his engine... nearly had me in first gear... then I passed him like he was standing still.

See, he was lowered so bad that he was just three or four inches off the ground. He had to slow down to zero km/h for a very slight (as in, six inches high, slope of just 20-25 degrees) hump. I just drove over it at full speed.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Why don't you install hydraulic or airbag suspension nalang? You can lift and lower at your discretion like these...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    bags = $$$$$$$

But if anyone wants them, Joker of Southside Customs (is that right? can't remember) does installs. Their shop is in Alabang, inside Westgate.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Very slowly.

I once out-dragged a Honda SiR with my Nissan Sentra.

My stock, automatic Nissan Sentra. Which gets to 60 mph in all of 14 seconds.

ano po ban Automatic na ibig sabihin mo sir niky? Automatic Transmission?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    iba pa rin ang stock. safe ka kahit saan ka pumunta.

if it is as thick as a malboro pack!

rion > matic tranny tinutukoy ni niky

niky > mga SIR na yan--TDCi focus lang katapat mga yan/ CRDi getz

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
How low is too low?