New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: How well educated is your gf/wife about your car?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knows better than me!

2 5.00%
  • Knows something but not enough.

15 37.50%
  • Knows nothing but I'm teaching her right now.

9 22.50%
  • Clueless and doesn't care to learn!

14 35.00%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ang alam lang ng gf ko eh, i-iwas sa kanya yung aircon pag nilalamig na sya, saka pahinain. .

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    hoy m2...di ako maalam s amga makina ng cars...i mean doing repairs...but i know how to change the tires.

me and my bros eh mahilig sa cars...
    itong si m2 lang eh..OC masyado sa car.
    i learned from him the OC way of cleaning the cars..kapagod. :lol:

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    my wife drives pretty well but knows squat about maintenance and troubleshooting.. its easier for her to just call me and figure it out

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    knows how to drive lang. marami ako tinuturo pero di ko alam kung iniintindi eh!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    She doesn't drive that much, minsan punta ako dun to pick her up tapos gamitin namin fortuner nila hahahahaha

Ung SF nga nila gusto ko din matry kaso bka mabangga ko wag na lang. Ung family kasi nya mahilig talaga sa mga auto, usually black. Almost lahat pala black hahahaha hindi ko nga minemention tong tsikot at baka mabuking pa ung mga sinasabi ko

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    my wifey knows the controls and thats about it. she normally asks me to identify other cars and even checks kng tama ako. hahaha... natutuwa lng ako kse she remembers the things i teach her and she has pretty good taste in cars (design wise and she knows the brands of the toys i buy for my collection). i'm just teaching her to drive so hopefully my kapalit n ko when i get tired. she's not a fan of spirited drving nga lng kya i had to relearn how to cruise and break gently. hahaha....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i have about a million stories about my GF not knowing anything about cars..hehehe
    one instance was when she was driving around winter time and she had to brake/stop.she called me and told me that her brakes arent working right so i asked her what happened.she said that she wasnt driving fast(hard to believe since i know she drives fast all the time.)she hit her brakes and the tires didnt locked but instead,she felt the brake pedal pulsing.i told her that its her ABS engaging and that pretty much stops the car from locking the tires and she had to argue when i told her she did stop prematurely and she kept insisting that she didnt and that she was just driving regularly.i said..you driving regularly is like speeding when compared to the rest of the drivers around you.
    there was another time(early this month) that i had the itch to get more HP out of my truck.me and my tuner guy tossed around ideas and decided to get a smaller pulley for my supercharger to get more boost and add a 2nd fuel pump and upgrade the fuel injectors..yada..yada..yada...
    then me and my tuner guy kinda talked on how i will tell this to my gf(the cost is going to be around $2200 so he typed up some parts and labor cost broken down and i just told my GF about the necessity of the upgrade accompanied by some real technical stuff that she just said okay..

heres the post i did over from another forum next to the BS and every excuse i had to use to make it work.

i went for my emission test this week and didnt past cause my bank 1 & 2 OBD sensors registering too rich so i started looking around for some performance shop to have another custom tune for my truck.
    it started out as a simple pay by the hour tune(150/HR) and me and the tuner guy ended up tossing ideas about trying to get some more boost for the truck and by the time we were finish...the total cost for the parts and labor plumitted to over 2 grand and we had to toss around ideas on how to break the news to my GF
    were gonna upgrade the whole fuel system and the supercharger pulley to get more boost out of it and get more fuel for the extra boost.
    heres the list of whats gonna get done in the truck and its gonna get tuned by the end of september(the guy's booked all the way to september)accompanied by whats really gonna happen(i had to have him write a quote so i can show/justify the cost to my GF

1.precision turbo 42lb fuel injectors(set of 8) = $360<<he gave me the price for the 42lb injectors but were actually gonna put the 60LB injectors
    2.225 LPH fuel pump = $150<<were adding a 2nd fuel pump and thats a 255 LPH fuel pump.typo
    3.set of 8 NGK TR6 spark plugs = $20
    4.PROcharger belt = $65<<were going from a 6rib to an 8rib SC belt
    5.PROcharger pulley = $65<<smaller pulley for more boost
    6.diablo custom chip = $150<<we had to put that to cover the hidden cost.were actually just gonna add a 2nd tune for the methanol injection kit whenever i get it(if my buddy ever gives it to me.im still waiting)
    but i cant tell my GF about the methanol kit so we had to device something els to cover that expense
    7.diablo custom tune for heads,cams,blower and nitrous = $550<<the actual custom tuning cost
    8.labor cost = $765<<self explanatory.were also ditching the FMU.
    9.shipping and handling = $78
    total cost = $2,212 :cry:
    i enclosed the invoice copy and the shops name is finishline performance
    https://www.flp2win.com/store/flpracing.php

[/url]
    from a simple tune to pass emmision anded up getting more horsepower than passing emission :lol: :lol:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Pareho lang kami ng alam sa sasakyan more or less.

Kasi, pag tumirik ang mga sasakyan ngayon,- hindi ko na kayang patakbuhin muli,- iaangat ko na lang ang hood at magpapaikot-ikot doon. Hay naku!

Hindi katulad ng mga sasakyan earlier, like iyong Lancer na box type. Majority ng mga posibleng problema,- huwag lang matindi,- kaya kong i-'repair' sa kalye at maitakbo ang sasakyan....Hindi ito kayang gawin ni wifey....

Talk about technology being a great equalizer!!!

3707:seesaw:
    Last edited by CVT; September 6th, 2007 at 10:17 AM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Suggestion po sa threadstarter & mods, pwede kaya natin isali ang mga moms dun sa thread title? (How educated is your gf/wifey/mom about your car?)

Way back in the 80s bumili kami ng auto (Ford Telstar). Nung time na yun, di pa kasali ang sound system pag bumibili ng auto so a few weeks after we got the car, pumunta ako ng Banawe para magcanvass ng stereo. After a half day of canvassing, I went home to ask money from my mom to purchase the stereo system. Kaharap yung dad ko nung pinakita ko sa kanya yung detailed quotation. Nakalagay dun yung presyo nung Pioneer head unit, 4 speakers, equalizer & noise suppresor. Nakita ng mom ko na yung pinakamura yung noise suppressor kaya sabi niya, "Yung noise suppressor na lang ang kunin mo." Grabe, sumakit ang tiyan naming mag-erpats sa kakatawa. Akala pala ni ermats yung nakaenumerate dun sa listahan ay yung pagpipiliang models ng radyo from high-end to low-end at yung "head unit", "speaker", "equalizer" at "noise suppressor" ay mga monickers nila.

Eto pa, one time nagpahome service ako sa mekaniko namin para i-tune up yung auto. Pagtanggal nung spark plugs, nakita na sunog na yung mga tips so kelangan na palitan. Lumapit uli ako kay ermats para humingi ng pambili, dala ko pa yung gastadong spark plugs para makita niya na dapat na ngang palitan. Nagalit pa siya sa min nung mekaniko at ang sabi, "Bakit naman bigla-biglang masisira yan, e tumatakbo pa naman yang kotse kaninang umaga? Kayo talaga, gustung-gusto niyong nagpapalit palagi ng piyesa!" Sabi ko sa kanya di naman natin makocontrol o pwedeng paki-usapan yung mga piyesa na dahan-dahan silang masira at warningan tayo. Plus, sabi ko pa yung wear and tear niyan nandiyan na for some time di lang natin alam dahil nasa loob ng makina yung piyesa. Kumbaga, pag may inatake sa puso di mo naman pwedeng sabihin na bakit bigla siyang inatake e ang sigla-sigla pa niya kahapon? It took my dad and a few hours of arguing between them bago siya nagbigay ng pambili ng bagong plugs.
    Last edited by Automahn; September 6th, 2007 at 08:17 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my wife is a very good driver. very safe, defensive, follows the rules of the road, etc.

as far as knowing about the inner workings of automobiles? all she knows is how to put in gas, and that i get really pissed if the exterior gets scratched or the interior is left dirty :lol:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
How educated is your gf/wifey about your car?