New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Just how accurate are those on-board computer FC figures?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Extremely Accurate

0 0%
  • More accurate than I thought

4 40.00%
  • Not so accurate

6 60.00%
  • Sobrang layo!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I did a search and so far, walang feedback from actual owners of vehicles with on-board displays of their FC. Gaano ba siya talaga ka-accurate compared to the manual method and why do you think so?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think it's tough to find feedback because very few owners track their true fuel consumption. most of us just want to know how long we can go before we have to pay the oil companies their pound of flesh

anyway, i think they are more guidelines than scientific instruments. probably not accurate to 0.01, but a general idea of how fuel efficient your vehicle is

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    had a frend who was driving his with his dad in an expedition... they had an argument about whether to fuel up or not.. and the son said the FC instrument was stating that it could go another 15kilometers.. which was further than their house.. so they didnt gas up and they ran out of gas because it was traffic... i guess the instruments are not accurate when there is so much traffic.. just like in tracking your oil change interval if your always stuck in traffic wouldnt the kilometer reading be different, because if your stuck in traffic for 2 hours with your engine running wouldnt that prolong your travel? and therefore the amount of time your engine is running?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The instruments aren't accurate. They only estimate fuel consumption. They're very inaccurate when you add coasting and traffic to the equation.

The only way to really know your true fuel consumption is to get an accurate fuel reading off of a full tank and a GPS-based or at least a calibrated odometer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    The reason I ask is may cumulative FC readings daw siya? Yung mga real-time readings, talagang I doubt they're accurate. Pero may units daw na may cumulative reading? Tama ba yun -- anong brands ba meron nung cumulative? If so, would that offset the inaccuracies? Or hindi pa din?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    if you use it for real time monitoring, it wont be accurate. But if its over an extended time, say over 5000 kms or longer, its not too far off the mark.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    My fortuner's FC computer gives less mileage than actual, while my camry gives more than actual. The Camry FC computer resets every time you refuel, so a extended monitoring isn't possible.

alam ko top-gear(UK)--they round trip an audi A6/a8 diesel from uk to scotland and back--ayon sa onboard computer ng a6/a8 0 na ang fuel but the car nakaabot pa from the freeway to the nearest gas station kahit traffic...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    onboard mitsu MID FC results from the outlander is very accurate, 9.2kms/liter vs manual computation of 9.1999 kms/liter

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Take it with a grain of salt. Traffic conditions are unpredictable, the computer does not know that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Just how accurate are those on-board FC results?