New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: How well educated is your gf/wife about your car?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knows better than me!

2 5.00%
  • Knows something but not enough.

15 37.50%
  • Knows nothing but I'm teaching her right now.

9 22.50%
  • Clueless and doesn't care to learn!

14 35.00%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    No offense to the female tsikot members but I had a big laugh when my gf asked me before if the hazard button is the turbo button to make my car go fast!... and my car doesn't even have a turbo! :hysterical:

Now I regret laughing at her because she learned how to drive and bought a more expensive car than mine! (although I borrow it once in a while)

So let's have a poll on how well educated your gf/wifey is about your car. Post some funny moments too if you have them. Share and let's laugh together!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    let's see...she knows it has a vanity mirror, a socket to charge her phone...i think that's it.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    My wife knows that the car needs gas (unleaded), and I will handle the rest. She knows all of the controls, lights, aircon, hazzard light switch.

But she knows that it needs an alarm, power door locks, fog lights, mags, speakers, etc.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    walang alam kahit ano

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    :rofl:

keep it coming guys.... and don't forget to vote on the poll!

:bounceD:

right now, its her mode of transport on weekends but shes learning little by little

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    My late father used to be a master mechanic. In her HS and university days, my wife and her siblings were required to help out in the garage since it was a family business. Up until about 3-4 years ago, my wife knew about engins more than I do. She also understands the principles on how to do automotive paint jobs. She knows the difference between a contact point and ball joint, between the differential and leaf springs. When I'm out of town on travel and something went wrong with our old clunker of a car, I have no worries since she is capable of getting the car to a garage or a mechanic to our car, then describe what is wrong.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Wife ko po ang nagpapa-change oil, sa suki naming Petron station. Siya rin po ang nagpapa-car wash. Pati registration, siya lumalakad. Alam nya kung ano ang dahilan kung bakit nakabig pa-kaliwa o pa-kanan ang vehicle. Alam din niya kung ano ang ball joint at tie rods. And siyempre, alam niya kung ano gagalawing controls sa loob ng tsikot namin. Siya pa nagpa-set up ng sounds du'n sa tsikot namin. (Yun nga lang sa kin yung dudget. )

Nasa abroad kasi ako kaya siya lahat ang umaasikaso sa mga sasakayan namin.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    bakit kulang yung Poll options? there should be something in between "Knows better than me!" and "Knows something but not enough."

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    M2K has some basic knowledge about cars. When something breaks down, needs replacement or during regular maintenance - I do explain to her what needs to be done.

She also has good taste in cars too! No *girly* cars for her (e.g. Yaris)... well except for the Miata as she does love SUVs (like the Tahoe & Commander).

She has no complaints also with my... um... spirited driving. :innocent:

Like me, she's a function over form fanatic also. We always get a good laugh on cars with outrageous bodykits and whatnots but can't even move at a decent pace. Recently, she saw an Evolution up close and commented on the big wing. I then explained to her that it has its function (unlike some sampayan wings out there). She's not yet sold on it but asked "So... mabilis ba yan sa highway?". I said yes, and she said "Kung ganun - like ko na siya."

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
How educated is your gf/wifey about your car?