New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    well, here my opinion. sir, it depends on your necessity. will you use it as a daily ride to office? or for the family? if the former, get 1.5L variant, fuel-efficient though sacrifice some space. 1.6L variant, is a lot romier definitely, but it wasn't as efficient as the 1.5L.

assuming that you have arrived to a decision, always get the vehicle with standard safety features such as dual srs/ abs+ebd, good suspension, and the most hp and torque in the class.

i agree with mazdamazda, safety features (abs, airbags) should be standard option.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    pare go for the mz3 hatch maganda ang hatak at cornering!!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    hey guys!

wow! ayos pala ang honda city! well, I test drove it and very responsive sya for 1.3li lang. I was also amazed byt the CVT! I was shifting up and down onthe steering wheel like Schumacher! hehehe... and it was way roomier than the vios. kahit sa likod an luwag! Totally better than the vios IMO. and the ULT seats ang galeng!

natest drive ko rin yun mz3 1.6li. well, i was'nt as impressed and it didnt stir my soul when I first glanced at it. talagang attractive lang sya. wala pang + and - ng gears sa steering buti pa city hehehe. it was'nt as roomy as I thought it to be. and the loooonnngggg waiting list... sana, mag stock na sila. alam naman nila na dami customers... atchaka walang price discount

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well... ok ang honda city (if you like its ipis inspired design). i've driven it in tagaytay and the 1.3L engine is surprisingly responsive - shado lang light ang steering.

though mas ok ang honda jazz IMO.
    Last edited by mazdamazda; January 12th, 2005 at 01:18 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    mazda2, ok lang yun light ang steering. manipis kasi ang tires. saka lightweight subcompact yan, so it is biased on maneuverability. it is meant for city driving.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo
    hey guys!

wow! ayos pala ang honda city! well, I test drove it and very responsive sya for 1.3li lang. I was also amazed byt the CVT! I was shifting up and down onthe steering wheel like Schumacher! hehehe... and it was way roomier than the vios. kahit sa likod an luwag! Totally better than the vios IMO. and the ULT seats ang galeng!

natest drive ko rin yun mz3 1.6li. well, i was'nt as impressed and it didnt stir my soul when I first glanced at it. talagang attractive lang sya. wala pang + and - ng gears sa steering buti pa city hehehe. it was'nt as roomy as I thought it to be. and the loooonnngggg waiting list... sana, mag stock na sila. alam naman nila na dami customers... atchaka walang price discount
    Cardo question, nakadrive ka na ba ng Vios?

was able to drive also the City 1.3 CVT at the fort last summer. Yes, its responsive. The steermatic is unique. IMO, bitin pa rin ang power ng City. Though the plus in the Honda City is the ULT. For my height ok naman pareho ang City and Vios. Together with MazdaMazda, i'd pick the Jazz over the City. To top it all, i'd pick also the Vios.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    imho mas oks yung traditional na gear box sa baba compared to steering wheel kasi paano pag inikot mo yung steering wheel di hirap mag shift?? compared sa lancer and mz3 na traditional

8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    yup, nakatest na ako ng vios 1.5g a/t ... although very positive naman yun impression ng car(i liked the digital center meter cluster) masmaluwag overall(interior wise) ang city sa vios. its what captured my heart(naks)... importante kase sa kin ang space. and i really liked the +/- on the steering wheel coz i usually drive traditional 2/3 and 9/10 o' clock hand positions. i think both had good engines and build. plus the backseats of the vios did'nt fold compared sa ULT seats ng city. exterior design-wise .. yup! I like the space age techi ipis design hehehe. well.. the vios looks more traditional and the city i think is more daring(love it or hate it).

sa mazda naman... it was really a looker!!! first time i saw it on the road i was drooling! but when I had a test drive and sat inside and the agent started to explain and point out everything, parang na-cheapan ako sa interior nya. well, it must be me coz the radio really was below par. it occupied the whole dash and super simple lang yun features nya... and the plastic materials did'nt warm up to me. the space inside was small too... although the steering was'nt a light as the rav, the cornering was good! nothing really surprised me on the sportiness side(i think bec i was already driving a rav) but the biggest draw back was when the agent told me that 2months daw ang waiting list. feb or march pa daw and he could'nt even verify with the plant kung kelan specific date. tas pang 40th pa ako sa waiting list...

anyway... i know i'll get flamed for this one :D pero we decided on the d-max(4x2) hehe . totally odd-ball! i know what you gonna say... "kala ko 1.5 or 1.6 li" hehehe

given na pickup mataas sya and mas suited sa rocky road manila hiways compared sa kotse. its a diesel so its very economical sa gas. it's got a bed so no worries about cargo! matagtag vs a car but its a compromise... i think it was more practical for us to get the pickup. the mz3 had sportiness on it but there was nothing new vs the rav(feeling ko lang) and another 2li would kill my savings on gas :D

well, thanks guys! i never thought aabot ng 4 pages yun thread ko! salamas to all that replied ang gave thir thoughts!!!!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahaha! pinagod mo kami mag debate over sedans tapos pick-up pala kunin mo... :D

may parusa jan! test drive! :bwahaha:

congrats on your upcoming ride!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahhaha langya inaabangan ko pa naman lagi ito...tapos nauwi sa pickup..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
High End 1.5LI VS Base 1.6Li Sedan