New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Hi guys, I had my 2001 Accord serviced due to multiple problems, but the mechanic ended up "pinangahuyan". We arranged all the legal actions that we can do, but my family suggested to just let it go since the car has already been giving us headache before we even had it serviced. They told me to just invest on a new car instead of pursuing charges that would cost me more money and time. But now I seriously have no idea what to do with it since everything is disassembled. I hope you guys can help me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_6292.jpg   img_6294.jpg   img_6271.jpg   img_6269.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thgenaccord View Post
    Hi guys, I had my 2001 Accord serviced due to multiple problems, but the mechanic ended up "pinangahuyan". We arranged all the legal actions that we can do, but my family suggested to just let it go since the car has already been giving us headache before we even had it serviced. They told me to just invest on a new car instead of pursuing charges that would cost me more money and time. But now I seriously have no idea what to do with it since everything is disassembled. I hope you guys can help me.
    Ill take legal actions if i were you

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    My take.

Sell it as it is. Be frank and honest on your story with the possible buyer. Some buyers can sell it as a parts car actually.

Grin, bear it, then move on.

Karma will eventually come full circle.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Disclose mo kung anong shop mo pinagawa kotse mo para ma-blacklist sa social media (Tsikot, FB, TopGearPH, etc.) and have them lose their client base.

You might as well invest on a another car than spending a lot to restore your old 6th gen Accord. To satisfy your love for the car, get a newer model Accord. Most Accords (7th gen and 8th gen) in the used market are priced about the same as Civics of the same age. You get more car for the same amount of money. If you have the means, get a new 9th gen Accord.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same opinion here.
    sell the car as is, or kahoy kahoy. but leave a story in social media.
    malaki din magagastos mo if you are going to take legal action, not to mention the time that you will be spending for it.
    tapos sasabihin sa iyo ng shop if ever the judge/court rules in your behalf, na wala syang pambayad.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Come to think of it, tsikot is part of the broad spectrum that is social media.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BUT, before you post the name of the shop in social media, make sure everything they did is documented. take as many photos as you can put in your hard drive. i suppose the car is still in the shop? take photos of your car in the shop and if possible photos showing the car and the shop's name. this is to be able to protect yourself from being charged with internet libel.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The pictures posted are probably what's left of the car.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thgenaccord View Post
    anong kinahoy ni mechanic?
    and why are all those parts, bunched together?
    is there something else, you are not telling?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    If you have good and solid evidence that the mechanic really did take some parts, I'd say pursue that legal case. If you have evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What should I do with my car?