New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Ok, most gas stations I have been to in CA have the gauge connected to the hose. Unlike in the Phil where you can adjust the pressure then inflate and wait for a bell to sound. So hindi automatic stop. You have to check the pressure every now and then as you inflate.

I also noticed that the reading is different between that and my el cheapo tire pressure guage (plastic stick type with graduation that just pops up). So I don't know which one to follow, though I read somewhere that the ones in gas stations tend to be on the lower side, i.e. if it says 30 on the gauge, it could be 34 already.

I have yet to buy a more accurate gauge. And I keep forgetting to check every month or before a long trip in the early morning.

Hope this helps.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ogpro View Post
    Miss Z, most gas station air compressors have a gauge directly on the nozzle. when you push it in to fill, the gauge readout will pop back that tells you how much psi is in your tire. You can compare what it reads to what your car reads.

Also, filling air IS NOT like pumping gas, it won't automatically stop. Just push it in for 5 seconds and see what the guage reads. Then kung kulang pa, put it in for 5 seconds again...repeat if necessary.

At least that's how it worked with the last virgin I had...este car pala.
    Agree, filling air is not automatic di gaya sa atin. That's why you should pump in maybe 10 seconds' worth (depending on how much u need) then check again. Usually my experience tells me 15 seconds will pump in 5-7 psi, somewhere there. Depende rin ito sa pump, minsan malakas bumuga yung pump, minsan mahina. However I wouldn't trust the gauge on the pump itself, trust what you have and don't rely on their equipment. Since pin type yung gauge mahirap din makita yung reading.

Oy tama na yang vastus na usapan! [SIZE=1](kawawa naman partner mo kung tig 5 seconds lang)[/SIZE]

Miss Z, the DOT 4 probably is in one column, most common is DOT 3 kasi. I had to look twice to find the DOT 4 for my Benz when I was low on brake fluid.

Since now you're learning the basics, why not go ahead and read the manual and see which stuff you don't understand? I may not be familiar with the Z but most cars have similar requirements naman it's just the location, how to, etc... that differ from car to car.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    car related pala 'to hehehe.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Ung isang gulong na malambot, baka dahil may puncture (pako, screw, etc.) or maluwag na ung tire valve (pito). Pwede mong higpitan ung tire valve, or have it replaced with metal type tire valve. Masmaganda quality nito kaya di basta-basta mag-escape ang hangin.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper View Post
    Ung isang gulong na malambot, baka dahil may puncture (pako, screw, etc.) or maluwag na ung tire valve (pito). Pwede mong higpitan ung tire valve, or have it replaced with metal type tire valve. Masmaganda quality nito kaya di basta-basta mag-escape ang hangin.

I was looking at it kanina, it looked ok to me. Tried tightening the valve and I even kicked the tire. It didn't look low (flat) and hindi rin naman malambot.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Visual inspection isn't really useful, since your tires will have good sidewall strength and won't show a direct change when PSI is low...

I have the rubber valve stems and they've never leaked. The only times I had to change pressure was when the temps soared or dove like what happened earlier this year or late last year.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Visual inspection isn't really useful, since your tires will have good sidewall strength and won't show a direct change when PSI is low...

I have the rubber valve stems and they've never leaked. The only times I had to change pressure was when the temps soared or dove like what happened earlier this year or late last year.

Korekek! So you really need a (good) tire gauge lalo kung walang automatic yung air pumps diyan. Dito nga gine-gauge ko din kahit may automatic kasi kung may leak yung gauge nila, it'll overinflate the tires.

Good tip on the metal valves though. Pero parang wala pa akong nakikitang ganyan dito? I just have them changed pag madami daming gulong ko na ang nagloloko -- 5 or 20 petot lang yata sila eh.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    whoops! di pala automatic ang gas station compressors sa CA. churi missZ kung nag kataon, sabog ang gulong baka na injure ka pa, whew..

add lang pala:
    - for other females willing naman, please learn how to replace a tire. sure you can ask bystanders to help you out. pero mahirap din basta basta nag titiwala sa strangers or baka wala din pwede tumulong sa inyo.

- pag may leak, weird sounds, etc.. have it checked. the car will not fix itself. HTH.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    pakinggan mo yung gulong mo.. pag may naririnig kang sumisingaw e may butas nga yan...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
~First Time Popping It~