New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    subcompact? be careful with honda. lots of lemon. jazz maybe okay.

check on toyota innova. its cost is way out of your budget maybe, but it is a nice car to seriously consider.

try having a showroom tour along shaw boulevard on a weekend with your family (merong ford, chevy, honda, toyota, hyundai, daihatsu, susuki duon showrooms) and compare each vehicle you consider with you sitting inside each of them. then set a date for test driving.

when you buy na, check every detail of the car (kahit yong edges sa inner part ng pinto). do not accept any slight defect and do not consider any explanation (as there should be no explanation; paglemon-lemon talaga).

good luck!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    if di mo gusto ang matrix.. my 2nd opinion is buying an INNOVA.. ganda inside and out..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm happy puttering around the Picanto. But it isn't exactly the weapon of choice as a family vehicle. I'm single and I usually travel with one or two other persons of my age. The Picanto is ok for that.

When I'm travelling with a child or one of the older members of the family (seniors), I just bring something else. Not that the Picanto is bad, there are just other more well suited vehicles for the role.

The Suzuki APV/Hyundai Matrix/[upcoming]Toyota Avanza might be more suitable.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    We have a Getz. The inside of the car is as spacious as any of the 1.6l sedans (altis, sentra, etc) less the bigger luggage compartment.

If you have a baby (<2 y.o.), then the luggage compartment of the Getz might not be big enough for all his/her stuffs. But if you dont mind, you'll find a way to squeeze those stuffs in

Hyundai cars are not bad. It's just a perception here that Korean cars are no good but this does not hold true for all naman. I had my reservations also before I bought the Getz but was surprised about its performance when we got it. You can choose the 1.4l gas engine and it would give you around 10+kms/li; not bad na heh

But if you can afford the Matrix, so much the better; a bigger version of the Getz! My peice of advise: if you are buying a car you would keep for 5 years or more, dont buy a car just because of resale value and perceptions; get the facts straight and buy the one you feel is best for your requirements and more often than not, you wont regret it .

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
    ...My peice of advise: if you are buying a car you would keep for 5 years or more, dont buy a car just because of resale value and perceptions; get the facts straight and buy the one you feel is best for your requirements and more often than not, you wont regret it .
    Very well said!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    salamat sa mga inputs,, later dadalhin ung matrix.. will try to look at it... hubby likes the vios naman ako getz... hehe

good news: FIL told us na we pay off the car's loan first saka na lang un pambayad sa idow2n nia. at least i can afford na a 13k ammortization!

MATRIX O VIOS?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me, Matrix - no contest.

One of the most versatile vehicles I have tried. It's like the swiss-army knife of small cars.

The styling and brand may take some getting used to but it is one helluva nice car.

Here's sHoCkAbSoRbErBabe's Hyundai Lavita (a gray-market gasoline Hyundai Matrix):

Last edited by OTEP; October 16th, 2006 at 10:08 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    wow pretty car and pretty girl...

and dumagdag sa gulo... APV o matrix?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    APV na yan!

though if you want a really cheap subcompact sedan... I suggest that you look at the Kia Rio. it has more space than the Picanto and it ain't that bad looking (just get rid of those fugly steel rims with tire covers).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung hindi naman nagkakalayo ang presyo, APV na ko. hehehe. The third row is even more comfortable than an Innova's.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
First time...