New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    What does this mean? Ibig ba sabihin nito I can go and hatawin ang kotse ko maski bago pa siya? Can I go do high revs and high speeds? Or dapat bang keep it smooth and slow muna hanggang 1000kms? Please explain....Thanks guys!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by maop99
    What does this mean? Ibig ba sabihin nito I can go and hatawin ang kotse ko maski bago pa siya? Can I go do high revs and high speeds? Or dapat bang keep it smooth and slow muna hanggang 1000kms? Please explain....Thanks guys!
    Like, take it easy...like it says in the manual.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    May nagsabi- sa akin ibig daw sabihin nito, na-break-in na daw sa factory? So you don't need to break it in again sa first 1000kms?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Mas may alam ang manual ng kotse mong bago about your new car kaysa yung nagsabi sa inyo nyan.

There are other things the manual will recommend you do not do in the first 1000kms. Like don't install a hitch and tow stuff with your car in the first 1000 kms. Or don't stay in a single speed at a high rpm for example.

Play safe is better than regretting. 1000kms lang naman yan eh, sandali lang yun.
    Last edited by Bravoexo; March 20th, 2005 at 11:15 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hinay hinay lang sa paghataw ng bnew car...
    ako humataw na talaga ako nun after ko mag1k pms.

There are two sides of the coin... One side says that you break it it, cuz the gaskets, seals and stuff have not yet set inside. Another side says that its already broken in the plant and do you think they "treat it like babies" when they deliver it to the dealership? Better err on the side of caution, para walang sabit, just don't maintain one speed, and don't push the brakes hard just yet.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    yeah two sides nga, yung isa daw old school na, yung babagal bagal ka lang and keep it below 3000rpm and below 100kph? ang new style naman daw ngayon eh hataw na kaagad para gumamda daw yung engine...kung di mo raw i-hataw forever mabagal ang car mo? hehehe yun ang sabi ng mga iba? don't understand it, I guess, its better take a look at the manual and call the casa? and ofcourse listen to you guys hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if i remember it right, ang break-in speed ng 1992 galant vr dati is 135kph!
    Signature

Quote Originally Posted by maop99
    ang new style naman daw ngayon eh hataw na kaagad para gumamda daw yung engine...kung di mo raw i-hataw forever mabagal ang car mo?
    Di naman siguro. Pag magbagal kotse mo... mabagal talaga.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Factory break-in could mean the only the engine has been broken-in, you would still need to break-in the transmission. Read the manual, it will tell you how to properly break-in.
    Last edited by Walter; March 21st, 2005 at 10:02 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Factory Break-In?