New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Kung nasa D ka bro tapos hirap, lagay mo sa D3, pag hirap pa rin, D2, pag sobrang tarik talaga, D1.

Kung pababa naman, ganun din, pag gusto mo mabilis, D3, tapos D2, tapos
    D1 pinakamabagal.

Ganun din pag tiptronic:

D1= Gear 1
    D2= Gear 2
    D3= Gear 3

sa honda most wala yung o/d switch-d4,d3 d2, d1, ung sa ES d d3,d2,d1...

most a/t naman OD=top gear OD-off=hanggang 2nd to the highest gear lang siya mag eengage...

tanchahin mo ang makina mo, baka mag-over-rev, timplahin mo ang speed and RPM para maiwasan to--> you dont want to engage 1st gear while running 60kph downhill...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    boeing > thats where 1 or L and 2 come..pati na din ang o/d-OFF/on switch.. or kung semi-->yun ang purpose ng +/- sa car mo..

pup2 >
    eto kung pag nasa N ka, just pull to D ok na yun, pag from D->N push mo lang, no need to push the button, ok?

just like sa gated, N at D pwede mong push and pull w/o flicking the lever sideways... pinagkaiba lang ng gated sa tranditional matic lever is yung button..may guide yon sa loob under the cover that you see..ang isa pang gusto ko sa gated matic-->pwede mong palitan ang shift knob!

hulaan ko kotse mo-->lancer na invecs 2-sportsmode/invecs3-cvt or city/jazz na cvt..

heeheehee. Nope. Hint: It's on a thread under car comparisons.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    So basically, I only press the button pagka gagalaw sa P? -- or pag bubuhayin o papatayin ang engine?

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Kung nasa D ka bro tapos hirap, lagay mo sa D3, pag hirap pa rin, D2, pag sobrang tarik talaga, D1.

Kung pababa naman, ganun din, pag gusto mo mabilis, D3, tapos D2, tapos
    D1 pinakamabagal.

Ganun din pag tiptronic:

D1= Gear 1
    D2= Gear 2
    D3= Gear 3
    thanks again bro HP

sa OD naman dapat ba lagi ito naka ON?

on normal/everyday driving situation-->yes..

times lang na OD-off: overtaking uphill and downhill..

pup >

start engine. tapak preno, lipat mo from P(button)R(pull)N(pull)D..sabi mo sprtronic-->do sideways (either left or right) +/--->pag timplahin mo rev ng engine at speed mo..you dont want to overrev the engine( example engaging 1st gear on a 100kph run!

pero kalimitan may safety systems na magpprevent ang tranny gawin to, pero mas maganda kung prevention comes from you too..kasi lalo na sa conventional a/t, you can never tell kung may ganitong program ang matic ng sasakyan mo...

ganito ang run kasi ng matic lever di nalalayo sa gated yan:

from P->D: P(button-pull)R(pull)N(pull)D
    from D->P: D(push)N(button-push)R(button-push)P

just always rememer pag galing ka sa P or N be sure to tapak the brakes before engaging to either R or D..safety reasons then pag D bahala na ang tranny mo magtimpla-->kaya di mamatay ang engine..but never left your lever on D on medium to heavy traffic(while stepping on brakes of course) kasi sisirain nito matic mo->overheating the tranny and possible premature clutch wearout->unlike sa manual na isa lang ang dry-plate clutch ang matic have 1 clutch for each lever and gear selection (for a 4-speed matic count 4+P+R+N=7) masmanipis yan kaysa sa kikita mong pang manual...kaya pag sa stoplight, heavy or medium traffic, N ka, safety na din baka mapahinga ak, makalimutan mong nakatapak ka pa sa preno-->dami na nangyaring cases na ganyan, ayaw lang nilang aminin...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    on normal/everyday driving situation-->yes..

times lang na OD-off: overtaking uphill and downhill..

pup >

start engine. tapak preno, lipat mo from P(button)R(pull)N(pull)D..sabi mo sprtronic-->do sideways (either left or right) +/--->pag timplahin mo rev ng engine at speed mo..you dont want to overrev the engine( example engaging 1st gear on a 100kph run!

pero kalimitan may safety systems na magpprevent ang tranny gawin to, pero mas maganda kung prevention comes from you too..kasi lalo na sa conventional a/t, you can never tell kung may ganitong program ang matic ng sasakyan mo...

ganito ang run kasi ng matic lever di nalalayo sa gated yan:

from P->D: P(button-pull)R(pull)N(pull)D
    from D->P: D(push)N(button-push)R(button-push)P

just always rememer pag galing ka sa P or N be sure to tapak the brakes before engaging to either R or D..safety reasons then pag D bahala na ang tranny mo magtimpla-->kaya di mamatay ang engine..but never left your lever on D on medium to heavy traffic(while stepping on brakes of course) kasi sisirain nito matic mo->overheating the tranny and possible premature clutch wearout->unlike sa manual na isa lang ang dry-plate clutch ang matic have 1 clutch for each lever and gear selection (for a 4-speed matic count 4+P+R+N=7) masmanipis yan kaysa sa kikita mong pang manual...kaya pag sa stoplight, heavy or medium traffic, N ka, safety na din baka mapahinga ak, makalimutan mong nakatapak ka pa sa preno-->dami na nangyaring cases na ganyan, ayaw lang nilang aminin...
    Di ko masyado ma-gets yung may pull/push. Can you elaborate? Yung sa traffic, balak ko hand-brake para di ako makakalimot. K lang ba yun?

yung push pull, yun ang ginagawa mong motion sa a/t lever...

pull ang motion mong magagawa kung pupunta ka from P to D, push naman kung from D to P, ok?

masmaganda maghandbrake ka..pero ok lang din kahit brake lang...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hope it's ok to add to this thread instead of making a new one, so as not to clutter the forum with similar thread concerns...

I'm new to A/T, have been driving m/t mainly, and after reading the manual, just wanted to ask some questions:

1. engine braking to avoid smoking your brakes-- going downhill fast at say 130kph, i'll (still) use my brakes to lower speed to 95 then shift to d3, then if desired, when it hits 50 shift to d2 to slow down it some more... is this procedure correct?

2. when parking, full brakes > then handbrake> release brakes >shift to P > turn off.... i understand this is the procedure... should i be concerned that the engine jerks noticeably when passing R when shifting from D to P... when i drove manual, i'd shift to 1st gear when parked after i've turned off the engine, but im guessing that won't work here... someone advised me that i should do this: brakes > shift to P > handbrake > release brakes> turn off, but im trying to follow the manual, just concerned about the jerk if it indicates i'm stressing the engine because of the handbrake.

3. Noticeable engine jerks when shifting from anywhere to PNRD, this is normal, right? (sorry if i sound paranoid, i never experienced engine jerks at all using m/t so i just want to make sure i'm doing it right)

4. i know it's not the best situation to drive cars through slightly flooded streets, lets say max 6 inches high, but if left with no choice but to go forward, is an a/t more delicate than an m/t to drive through one, having more electronic components?

added: the new car, when parked on a slight incline, is very creaky/noisy when releasing the brakes-- is this normal or needs lubrication somewhere? my old car was this noisy but i thought it was because it was old...

btw, it was mentioned in the manual to clean the car with water only often (mostly dust); shampoo only for stubborn dirt-- is the water only route ok considering manila pollution? the car's new and shiny now, i don't want to overshampoo with frequent car wahes, but i'm not so sure about washing it with just water...

tia!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    For No 1.Engine braking using A/T is not recommended since it adds strain on your tranny,engine,engine and tranny mounts. You can just use your brakes unless the downhill portion is really long like in zambales or Baguio where you can use the engine brake of your A/T.

For No 3. yes the engine usually jerks a bit, esp for non-european cars. That's why avoid moving it too much since it puts high stress of engine mounts

For No 4. For now i don't notice the difference in flood performance since most A/T computer box is situated near or in the Engine Comp Box, the tranny itself is mostly sealed on the lower side so it should be similar in performance with M/T in crossing flooded street.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
AT Driving tips?