New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    hey guys,,,, i was just wondering what the difference is between a civic vti-s and a civis RS???

thankx.. im planning to get a civic but i dnt know the difference between the two

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    From what I know. When the RS came out, it was the first 7th gen Civic with a manual transmission. Yun VTI-S kasi nung una lahat automatic transmission lang. Plus I think it had chins, skirts, SIR look wheels, came in black lang?, RS grill and badging plus some other stuff.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I think there were two RS generations released. Just before the EK body was phased out, they released RS editions for the SiR and VTi models, both sporting sunburst yellow paint and metallic highlights on the consoles. They also had tweeters included in the sound system. The ES body also had an RS edition which came only in black and I'm not sure if it came only with a 2.0 engine?

glntVR was right in saying that the VTI-S had A/T transmission plus other safety features like airbags and ABS. I think the S stood for Safety

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    I think there were two RS generations released. Just before the EK body was phased out, they released RS editions for the SiR and VTi models, both sporting sunburst yellow paint and metallic highlights on the consoles. They also had tweeters included in the sound system. The ES body also had an RS edition which came only in black and I'm not sure if it came only with a 2.0 engine?

glntVR was right in saying that the VTI-S had A/T transmission plus other safety features like airbags and ABS. I think the S stood for Safety
    +1 on that.
    I remember just before the EK was phased out, there were RS SiR and RS VTi models. The sunburst yellow SiRs were pretty rare. I'd say they were as uncommon as the red SiRs.

Unfortunately the RS badge didn't actually bring anything besides looks onto the EK civic's table.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1.6L lang yung RS variant sa ES civic.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    2001-2002 CIVIC VTi-S:
    All are a/t
    cloth interior
    1din HU
    15" multispoke rims

2002-2003 CIVIC RS:
    M/T
    Leather interior
    2din HU
    duck tail
    side skirts
    chin F/R
    came in black and silver only
    15" SiR rims (painted)
    leather wrapped steering wheel

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    I think there were two RS generations released. Just before the EK body was phased out, they released RS editions for the SiR and VTi models, both sporting sunburst yellow paint and metallic highlights on the consoles. They also had tweeters included in the sound system.
    My neighbor got one in January 2001, inggit na inggit ako . It had the SIR's 1.6 VTi DOHC engine but with an A/T. Napaisip akong ibenta yung then 5 year old EK VTi A/T ko pero di ko type yung head & taillights nung 2nd gen EK saka alam kong maluluma siya agad dahil lalabas na noon yung ES.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    wala ba pics ng RS gen.?

difference between vti-s and RS