New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    hi guys,

tanong lang po kung nangyari sa inyo na mawalan ng brake habang tumatakbo?

any idea how to bring the car to a safe stop ?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    release the gas pedal.

pull up the parking brake as high as it will go.

put the car in 2nd gear and kiskisin ang clutch para gumana ang engine brake.

if automatic... put the car in neutral or if you have +/- tiptronic, in 1st gear.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    you can also try pumping the brake pedal.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    All of the above.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yup. E-Brake and engine brake are your best bests in case of catastrophic failure ng regular brakes. I've never had a need to resort to it, thank God. Pero I practice it in my head once in a while.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Kung mabilis ang takbo, Engine Brake muna, go down the gears one by one till 1st gear is reached. If slow enough, use the hand brake. Using the hand brake during high speed is not advisable IMHO.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Try decelarting until you reach 1st gear. If all else fails, look for the cheapest item/area na pwede mong banggain to come to a full stop hehehe

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    release the gas pedal.

pull up the parking brake as high as it will go.

put the car in 2nd gear and kiskisin ang clutch para gumana ang engine brake.

if automatic... put the car in neutral or if you have +/- tiptronic, in 1st gear.
    Won't pulling the E brake as high as it can go promote the rear end to slide out and possibly your car to spin? I think control via steering input is also critical to stop the car properly as much as one can control the car.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ewwww, don't wanna think about it.pero magkaganon man, engine break is my possible option followed by hand brake and lastly, yong ibubunggo.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    experienced this last year while i was traveling along katipunan. bigla nawalan ng preno yung crv ko. was cruising at about 40-50kph then. i just pumped my brakes again and again and thank God, bumalik siya.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Did you lose brake when vehicle is running?what do you do?