New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    +1 to message above. make sure you have your insurance signed, last will written, your girl scored, etc if you're planning to do it on public road. make sure you limit the casualties to yourself if you do.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Be really careful when flooring it mid-turn when the road is wet. I did this one time and my car downshifted to the next lower gear, the rear wheels spun, and the tail flipped out. Good thing the car had good balance and I countersteered as I exited the turn.

So there came a time when it was once again rainy, late at night and nobody was around. The left arrow was green and I had good momentum. Needless to say it was probably weird to see a diesel drifting in the rain making a corner. Buti walang pulis

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    well, i sometimes brake lightly when tackling medium to slightly sharp corners. pero slow speed na ako nun, around 20kph na ata, basta nasa 2nd gear speed lang.

pero pag yung mga wide corners or highway corners, i just lift my foot off the gas way before the corner to slow down the car.

pag straight na yung car, saka na lang ulit ako umaapak sa gas.

car is a fwd with abs, btw.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    well, i sometimes brake lightly when tackling medium to slightly sharp corners. pero slow speed na ako nun, around 20kph na ata, basta nasa 2nd gear speed lang.

pero pag yung mga wide corners or highway corners, i just lift my foot off the gas way before the corner to slow down the car.

pag straight na yung car, saka na lang ulit ako umaapak sa gas.

car is a fwd with abs, btw.
    Same din po for me!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hmmm... well if you feel that your car is understeering, try brake drifting then countersteer a bit if the car's rear is already "floating". now i'd wish i have 4 wheel steering in my car.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It is better to brake in a "straight" line.
    The straight line may not necessarily the path the road takes.
    Braking in a straight line maximizes the grip potential of all 4 tires and provides the most predictable braking characteristics.
    Trail braking(braking while cornering) is a more advanced technique which drivers of higher skill employ when they are going into a corner too fast. It requires you to ease off or modulate the brakes while going into a corner.
    Last edited by Auto_Xer; November 26th, 2007 at 09:55 AM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    For us (well most of us) na non-racers, our safest practice (during high speeds) is to brake before the corner not during the corner.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it is possible to brake and corner at the same time. what matters is the degree at which you will take it. a normal car has in approximation about .7 to .8g of grip which applies to both braking and cornering. the trick is how to share this available grip to both variables. if ur braking at .8g and you try to turn the steering wheel, like when ur entering a corner and you maintain the same pressure on the brakes, you will either spin out or understeer depending on your vehicle's configuration. if you're cornering at .8g and you apply .3g of brakes, you will get the same result. if ur cornering at .6g, then it is possible to make minute adjustments to your speed by applying your brakes, but no more than .1 or .2gs of braking and you will not spin out. the fastest way through a corner is by trail braking (at least in circuit racing), where you burn off excess speed by max braking before entering a corner, then trail off the brakes as you pick up the cornering forces simultaneously. to give you a better idea of g forces, the amount of strain on your neck while lying on your side with your head off the bed is exactly 1g
    Last edited by stelvio; November 26th, 2007 at 02:29 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    nalilito pa rin ako sa understeer and oversteer

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Understeer - you hit the tree headfirst.

Oversteer - you hit the tree buttfirst.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Cornering