New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Not SMC.

SMC pays well for its tenured guys, but entry level pay is low. Bonuses lang babawi but still not as good as MNCs.

We have a choice when choosing companies, benchmarking their offers.
    you decide which company you want to work for, on the basis of their car plan?
    please tell me i mis-understand...
    heh heh.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Just a rub, dear bro...

Oo nga, - Enron, WorldCom, Tyco early 2000s >>> Sarbanes-Oaxley (SOX).... Accounting Scandals > Accounting Controls > Accounting as Heads of Companies....

Now, that's staged takeover!....
    (Sila ang gumawa ng scandal,- sila pa ngayon ang sikat!)....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

29.2K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

My point exactly bro. They call it creative accounting. You get billions illegally and return half as a compromise and the stockholders are already happy thinking they were able to cut their losses. And then they call it as a settlement withour admission of guilt.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    heh heh.
    Doc, that is how it works these days. Cars, gadgets, take home pay (in that order). In older generations where buying a car is almost the same odds as winning the lotto and computers and cellphones are not heard of, people were already contented with having a job and and bringing home the pay envelope. Hell, working in a airconditioned office wearing a long sleeve shirt and a tie was already considered a perk! Ganyan lang ang ideal job noong araw.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    heh heh.
    I consider the car plan and other benefits (bonuses, health coverage, allowances, paid leaves, flexitime, etc) along with basic pay when I evaluate a company's offer.

Primarily I consider the work that I'll be doing, career advancement opportunities, and whether the company itself is something I can be proud to be working for, but I'll be lying if I said that I was not particular on their offer as well.

Please do explain to me what's so unusual about that. [emoji848]

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    What do you think of this company car plan.

1. 50/50 ang hatian, the 50% from employee eh salary deductible starting from 2nd year to 5th year ng sasakyan. although the employee has the option to not pay 50%, after 5 years the car would just return to the company.
    2. The company provides 180 liters fuel allowance monthly.
    3. The car would be owned by the company for the 1st 5 years, pero yung employee ang gagamit, but since owned ng company, if the company needs a ride, pedeng hiramin, although hindi ito nangyayari dahil nahihiya din naman yung iba hiramin.
    4. since its owned by company, sagot nila maintenance including parts, repairs also tires.
    5. If the employee leaves the company before the car is turnedover to him, either he pays the remaining of the his 50% share or leave the car to the company.
    6. The budget is 900k.
    7. This is for the managers and up.
    8. After 5 years, the car would be replaced, bibigyan ulit ng bago yung employee, if the employee opt to pay the 50% sa kanya mapupunta yung car and he would also get a new car as company car (which he also have the option to pay for 50% of it)

Reasons why the 2nd thought.
    1. Since the car is with a manager, pag may outing or team events, what usually happen is si manager magsasakay sa mga tao nya.

2. Since its a company car, you have the option to not opt for the 50% payments, you still have fuel allowance, etc. After 5 years nga lang di mapapasa iyo ang sasakyan, although papalitan ulit ito ng company every 5 years. For that reason, ito ang nagiging "pangharabas", the "go-to car" instead of the one owned by the employee, syempre if after 5 years it will be your car, mawawalan na yung "pangharabas" na tag, iingatan mo na rin ito.

Do you think this is fair? Kung kayo, opt in for the 50% share or not?
    Last edited by BratPAQ; April 9th, 2016 at 03:55 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Personally, I'm okay with the arrangement as the company pays the maintenance, insurance, etc during the covered period especially if your car is expected to be in high mileage car by the end of the coverage.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I consider the car plan and other benefits (bonuses, health coverage, allowances, paid leaves, flexitime, etc) along with basic pay when I evaluate a company's offer.

Primarily I consider the work that I'll be doing, career advancement opportunities, and whether the company itself is something I can be proud to be working for, but I'll be lying if I said that I was not particular on their offer as well.

Please do explain to me what's so unusual about that. [emoji848]
    personally, i found it a bit curious, because in my world, car plans aren't even on the negotiating table.
    i didn't think that car plans weighed that heavily, in your decision-making process.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 9th, 2016 at 10:23 AM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    personally, i found it a bit curious, because in my world, car plans aren't even on the table.
    But you got the best med reps with a so-so car plan ;)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    But you got the best med reps with a so-so car plan ;)

we're not med rep, po.
    strange as it may seem... aside from the professional interaction, med reps are totally estranged from us.

maybe i/we should take more interest and see the rest of the world outside our cocoons.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 9th, 2016 at 09:34 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    we're not med rep, po.
    strange as it may seem... aside from the professional interaction, med reps are totally estranged from us.

maybe i/we should take more interest and see the rest of the world outside our cocoons.
    I cringe when I see how med reps are treated by some doctors especially the older generation of doctors now in their 70s or 80s. Sa hospital dati meron pa nakalagay (MMC) bawal sila in the elevator and to sit with patients.

May med reps pa daw talaga nagpapa alipin sa dr as much as driving for them.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Company Car Plan