New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Miatas have been there for soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long hehe.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gents, don't flame me. I was just pointing the long standing criticism out, that's all. Thing is, if BMW is always a winner in their books, why not remove it from the list since it will always take a spot, and then find a car that's worth the honor. That way, the choices will be broader and people will have more choices.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nah... no flames in here, yet... :hihihi:

The thing is, BMW has lots of models... notice no 5-series or 7-series in the 10Best? That's because there aren't any new 5s or 7s that move the game on this past year.

If BMW, the Honda Accord and the Miata are always represented, it's because they still appeal to the testers for one reason or another. Heck, just ask any car enthusiast... BMWs have appeal beyond the "snob-factor" that, regretfully, many owners buy them for... the Miata, once you get over the silly "hairdresser" and "girl's car" jokes, is still the closest you can get to the grand sportscars of the past.

If they keep winning, maybe they deserve to win... but then, it's always your choice whether you believe the list or not... but besides the Accord, most of those cars are on many enthusiasts' "hot" lists, or even "warm" lists.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Gents, don't flame me. I was just pointing the long standing criticism out, that's all.

Was that already flaming? You should see the other threads here... :evillaugh

Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Thing is, if BMW is always a winner in their books, why not remove it from the list since it will always take a spot, and then find a car that's worth the honor. That way, the choices will be broader and people will have more choices.
    Err... this is quite confusing.

Your reasoning is like disqualifying Ms. Brazil from the Ms. Universe competition because Brazilians always makes it to the top 10?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Of course not, it's not disqualification at all. It's more like already considering them one of the best and since suki sila, pagkakataon na rin nung iba to catch up if they can if they take the BMW off the list. Just a suggestion lang, of course.

Don't get me wrong, while I haven't owned or driven any BMW, I've read about their superior handling dynamics and I'm sure the testers love this every time. Maybe I'm just watching too much Top Gear, because sometimes they'd remove the obvious winner just so other cars could take a spot on the top ten.

Ok, that wasn't flaming yet, I just didn't want to start something. We know how complicated those things can get

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Let's use another analogy... say the Philippines is winning the Ms. Universe title every year and they are "taken off the list" because they are "one of the most beautiful" already. But what if instead of sending an Angelica Panganiban lookalike to the Ms. Universe - we send in Madame Auring. Is the Philippine candidate still "one of the most beautiful"?

Plus, different vehicles of BMW is being rated every year.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    so gawin nalang top10 + 1? :bwahaha:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can't please everyone....

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    That's because BMW is churning out great cars year after year after year. Heck, they are poised to overtake MB as the largest luxury carmaker in a year or two.

Care to explain why?

Advertisement lang po yan.para mapaniwa nila ang mga tao na walang alam sa auto or walang time para mag test drive or research sa car,hence meron na silang idea dahil nasa top 10 daw .Ten best cars?bat walang aston martin,Enzo,Lambo?kasi hindi naman ma afford ng regular people.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Because those supercars are:

1) Not that good overall. They are a pain to drive even by pros, quality usually stinks and they're hardly livable.

2) If "walang alam sa oto" ang target market, do you really, really think Motor Trend/C&D/Automobile readers are soccer moms and dorks who just drives cars from A-to-B? Their main market IS CAR ENTHUSIASTS... I think the title of the cover pretty much sums that up???

3) If "affordability" is the main reason why these cars are chosen, then top 10 will always be Asian cars or SEAT... Heck, if that's the main criteria, let's grant the Norkis Legacy COTY...

Your argument is severely flawed hehe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Car&Driver's 10 BestCars