New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i’ll go with those variants with no computers etc. mahirap gawin therefore mahal ang parts and labor cost. toyota pa rin kung cars.

I think hindi magkakalayo: Honda City and Toyota Vios. Even sa gasoline consumption. Kung ako I'd buy me a good second hand car, mga 1-2 years old palang. Laki na kasi binaba ng price coz of depreciation. If you have the moolah, of course go for the brand new. The Honda Civic is a good buy and the Ford Focus Turbo Diesel is something else:D

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Get pre-owned cars, which are mostly "used" cars per se but they usually have some sort of warranty if inspected. I don't know which dealers have this feature, though. That way you can get the low price of a used car but with at least some bit of warranty left.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Personally, I'd just go for the newest pre-owned with the best price... and fug the warranty. There are lots of premium shops around, nowadays, that provide dealership-level warranties (i.e.: they'll warranty their own work), while providing better service.

Dealership service is over-rated... you're getting the same level of service, the only upside being that they have Field Service Manuals and the proper equipment. If you go to a premium service shop and they have the same FSM, they can do it just as well as the dealership.

Personally, I haven't had issues with Ford, but I know a lot of people who've had problems claiming warranty from Ford, Honda, Toyota, anyone! It's not always what it's cracked up to be.

But that's just me. On some newer vehicles, it's important to adhere to the dealership PMS at least till 80,000 kms, just in case... and do everything else (suspension, brakes, etcetera) outside, to save money. Your basic warranty usually only covers non-wear items and drivetrain... and, unfortunately, due to our road conditions, anything on the underside of the car can be considered a wear item.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Regardless kung ano car brand eh bilhin mo Manual Transmission.....

Low Maintenance talaga yan.......

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by suv View Post
    Regardless kung ano car brand eh bilhin mo Manual Transmission.....
    Segunda ako dito. :D

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ford

Fix
    Or
    Repair
    Daily

ganun pa din ba ang ford ngyn? kung ganun pa nga eh di ang sakit sa ulo i maintain nyan hehehe akala ko reliable ang american cars dati :D

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz View Post
    ford

Fix
    Or
    Repair
    Daily

ganun pa din ba ang ford ngyn? kung ganun pa nga eh di ang sakit sa ulo i maintain nyan hehehe akala ko reliable ang american cars dati :D
    FORD also known as: Found On Road Dead

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz View Post
    ford

Fix
    Or
    Repair
    Daily

I used to think that way din. But as niky put it, not all Ford vehicles being marketed in the Philippines are the same, since not all of them come from the US. Some, such as the Ranger and Escape, are actually rebadged Mazdas. And the Ford Focus was designed and engineered in Europe.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; December 12th, 2007 at 07:34 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    as long as your car is under warranty, you have to go to a dealer for service. not necessary the dealer you purchased it from. Ex. you buy from Toyota Shaw, you can go to Toyota Otis or quezon Ave or any other Toyota dealer for service. What you cant do is have it done by an outside shop like Servitek or your suking mechanic.
    OMG! Hyundai has 5 years warranty on their brand new vehicles, meaning 5 years of nothing but casa visits. I think it will be expensive. Is it a good thing or bad thing? Does we consumers get the best out of this deal? Experts, what do you think?

Sorry, a bit OT...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Car Brand with the lowest maintenance cost :)