New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi,

Good thing I found this site Recently I was planning to buy my first car .. and I'm thinking that it would be nice to have a car with the lowest maintenance cost and easy to get spare parts. What would you guys recommend if those factors were to be considered.

And is it better to buy a brand new car than a 2nd hand car?

thank you very much ^^

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hikoji View Post
    Hi,

Good thing I found this site Recently I was planning to buy my first car .. and I'm thinking that it would be nice to have a car with the lowest maintenance cost and easy to get spare parts. What would you guys recommend if those factors were to be considered.

And is it better to buy a brand new car than a 2nd hand car?

thank you very much ^^
    Economy Factor: Brand New Toyota Vios
    2nd hand car (not ex-taxi): Toyota Vios Model 2004-2006

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sorry, too lazy to look 4 d links, but a UK site/mag named Kia Rio as the most cheapest to own, and last year it was the Hyundai Getz.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    As a general rule, sub compacts and compacts are cheaper to maintain than full size cars and SUVs. Pati sa gas masmatipid. High end brands such as BMW are very expensive to maintain.

Try to stick to brands with 3rd party support. EX. Toyota, Nissan, Kia, Hyundai.. Pagmadami parts sa banawe at Evangelista mas mura ang maintenance.

Kung ikaw lang ang sakay at puro city driving, I would go for Picanto, Getz, Alto or Vios.

Kung lagi kang loaded syempre pick up pero pagtao ang dala, Crosswind o Adventure.

Personal opinon ko stay away from: BMW, Cherry, Chrysler, Chevy, Ford, MB, Audi, Volks and other European brands. Stick with Jap or Korean cars.

Last, pagbrand new, no choice ka except dealer service. Mahal!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Last, pagbrand new, no choice ka except dealer service. Mahal!
    What do you mean? Are you pointing out warranty issues, meaning if you serviced your brand new car other than dealers it will void the car's warranty?

Meaning if your brand new car has 3 years warranty, you have no choice but to keep the servicing to the dealer for 3 years until the warranty expires?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurusaki View Post
    What do you mean? Are you pointing out warranty issues, meaning if you serviced your brand new car other than dealers it will void the car's warranty?

Meaning if your brand new car has 3 years warranty, you have no choice but to keep the servicing to the dealer for 3 years until the warranty expires?
    as long as your car is under warranty, you have to go to a dealer for service. not necessary the dealer you purchased it from. Ex. you buy from Toyota Shaw, you can go to Toyota Otis or quezon Ave or any other Toyota dealer for service. What you cant do is have it done by an outside shop like Servitek or your suking mechanic.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    as long as your car is under warranty, you have to go to a dealer for service. not necessary the dealer you purchased it from. Ex. you buy from Toyota Shaw, you can go to Toyota Otis or quezon Ave or any other Toyota dealer for service. What you cant do is have it done by an outside shop like Servitek or your suking mechanic.
    +1 on this.

Although, Doc OTEP mentioned something about having the warranty waived if you really want to save on maintenance costs. I've yet to hear of anyone actually opting not to avail of the warranty on a brand-new vehicle, but I suppose it's possible, as long as the buyer makes it clear that the dealership/manufacturer will no longer be liable for any defects once the car rolls out of the showroom.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    brand new = toyota vios
    2nd hand = toyota corolla XE
    my advise is to get brand new, warranty = worry free

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If we're talking brand new vehicles, Toyotas aren't any cheaper than anything else to maintain, because, as previously mentioned, you're buying at the casa.

And don't think that since taxi parts are relatively cheap, that all Toyota parts are cheap outside. There are some parts on the newer Altis and Vios that are kind of hard to come by at the third-party level.

If you want a brand new car with the lowest maintenance cost, buy a Suzuki Alto. Even with double the oil changes versus the Vios, your total cash outlay over three years will be a fraction of what you'd spend on a fully-warrantied Toyota.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Casa parts are expensive, pero kung under warranty, wala tayong magagawa, casa lang talaga.

I think, Honda parts from casa are more expensive than toyota casa parts - apples to apples.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Car Brand with the lowest maintenance cost :)