New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Is it possible to register a carnapped vehicle?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If it's still considered stolen and has not been returned to the owner then I would venture to say NO. But then again you're in the Philippines where anything is possible with enough money.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Pls dont get me wrong.. just want an assurance that the car i bought is not a carnapped vehicle.

Thanks for the reply :-)

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by honismitoy View Post
    Pls dont get me wrong.. just want an assurance that the car i bought is not a carnapped vehicle.

Thanks for the reply :-)
    Isn't there a way to check with TMG or LTO if the car is stolen? If you've already bought it then it may be too late on your part to be checking.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Pwedeng irehistro sa LTO, change ownership. Ginagawa nila yung model 2006 na carnapped vehicle gagawin nilang model 2007, brand new then rehistro sa LTO. 2nd, yung engine number, chassis number dinodoktor nila (pinapalitan) yung B nagiging 3 or vice versa, 1 nagiging L or vice versa, Q nagiging O or 0.... Kung ipapa-check mo sa TMG typographical error na lang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    madaming lusot yan dito sa pinas eh...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Isn't there a way to check with TMG or LTO if the car is stolen? If you've already bought it then it may be too late on your part to be checking.
    Before I bought the car, i was infomred by LTO that the car is clear but not sure if the car is also clean with TMG records and im about to go there pa naman next week, supposedly today but change my mind.

Thanks for all your reply.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    pwede kunyari ang na karnap na unit is a gen2 crv bibili ka lang ng papers ng mga na wreck na gen2 crv sa mga insurance tapos pag palitin firewall

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Very informative thread

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamar View Post
    pwede kunyari ang na karnap na unit is a gen2 crv bibili ka lang ng papers ng mga na wreck na gen2 crv sa mga insurance tapos pag palitin firewall
    This is called 'ringing' and is still one of the most popular ways to legitimize a stolen vehicle.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Can you register a carnapped vehicle?