New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have never seen one in Pinas store shelves in my life... if meron man, for sure mga PX good stores lang meron, maybe duty free has it, I don't know... But take note, there are copy-cat versions available sa mga tool stores, most of them don't contain any paraffin wax or if meron man, it's something else.

Original cali dusters are made of pure cotton strands baked in paraffin wax coatings.. they're perfectly safe and will last a decade or so with proper care...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Theveed, got one yesterday, Christmas gift (requested) from a relative from the
    States. kulay red ang cotton strands at waxy nga siya. Nasa isang bag na black.
    The instructions sez after removing daw in the plastic bag, let it sit daw in a paper and
    allow to be aired for 48 hours before use.. why? also tama ka, it sez the dirtier it is, the more effective it works (though I wonder kung paano) . Tama ba na you just glide it (no pressure) na parang nag flo float lang sa paint surface and it will just attract the dust?

hhhmmnn.. inggit mga barkada ko :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You need to remove the excess wax kasi na nasa strands... in my experience, I left it on newspaper for about a whole week (daily replacement of newspaper) kasi ang dami eh... if you don't it may streak your paint (don't worry, wax lang yan, you can remove it by wiping)... pero case to case yan eh, pag medyo old stock paminsan walang smear kahit first use...

Glide, never push the tool onto the paint... Actually, you should never push anything onto the paint, whether it's a towel, wash mitt, chamois, etc...

remember this...

USE THE TOOL CORRECTLY, USER ERRORS SHOULDN'T BE ATTRIBUTED AS TOOL DEFECT

Points to remember (as mentioned previously)

Use it for what it is for... it's a DUSTER, meaning it removes DUST... ONLY. So if you have dried up water/rain drops, DON'T USE IT... If your dust has been on the car for several days wherein moisture and other stuff has settled with the dust, DON'T USE IT...

Take care of the tool... ALWAYS place it back in the bag... if you just throw it on your carpet, in the trunk, etc, the fibers will pick up all the dirt and crud on the surface wherein it'll come in contact with the paint when you use it on your paint... don't blame the tool if a pebble or sand starts scratching your surface.

It's not a wash replacement tool, it's a duster...

Congrats on your purchase... you'll love it...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Group buy! Group buy!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    You need to remove the excess wax kasi na nasa strands... in my experience, I left it on newspaper for about a whole week (daily replacement of newspaper) kasi ang dami eh... if you don't it may streak your paint (don't worry, wax lang yan, you can remove it by wiping)... pero case to case yan eh, pag medyo old stock paminsan walang smear kahit first use...

Glide, never push the tool onto the paint... Actually, you should never push anything onto the paint, whether it's a towel, wash mitt, chamois, etc...

remember this...

[b]USE THE
    Thanks for the advice, Theveed... actually very excited na nga yung brod ko gamitin pagka open on some dust in the car, pinigil ko lang when I've seen the note to let it aire first... from the looks of it, mukhang maganda nga pang tanggal ng dust... i'll know after three or four days, we'll remember your pointers... thanks :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dianne,
    Saang store nyo nabili sa States. Nagpabili din ako sa Seattle pero wala raw silang makita.

Thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll asked the gift giver... They're from the East Coast...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can get it online kedeka... usually meron sa Pepboys or autozone...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kedeka
    Dianne,
    Saang store nyo nabili sa States. Nagpabili din ako sa Seattle pero wala raw silang makita.
    Thanks
    Target and Walmart also carry California products. Cheaper if you get it from the store vs. online. No shipping costs!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Update ko lang kayo dun sa Cali Car Duster...
    We waxed the car last saturday... tapos pinabayaan na...

Open parking sa AM, pag uwi lang sa hapon, Cali duster agad para hindi
    mag moist ang alikabok... am very happy... kasi parang laging bagong
    hugas yung car... kita mo kasi yung alikabok... ni halos hindi sumayad
    yung cali duster, pero pag daan, kapit lahat sa kanya... parang magnet...

and wala ka talaga makita streaks, unlike ordinary dusters...
    Thursday na nga, wala pang hugasan... ganun pa rin itsura... no marks...

am really very happy with it...

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
California Duster