New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



View Poll Results: which mustang body type does it for you?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • coupes are cool

    2 11.11%
  • fastbacks get my heart racing

    8 44.44%
  • i like her topless

    8 44.44%
  • station wagon, hearse or others

    0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,113
    #11
    Only the Fastback (or Sportsback) excites me...

  2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    72
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    uhh..keep the top up in manila...down when out of the city?

    well... that will be like every once a quarter year... hehehe gastos sa gas. and arent the fabric thats being used on convertibles eh madaling masira? correct me if im wrong coz i have that notion kasi eh.

  3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    784
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisboy View Post
    well... that will be like every once a quarter year... hehehe gastos sa gas. and arent the fabric thats being used on convertibles eh madaling masira? correct me if im wrong coz i have that notion kasi eh.
    but arent older cars more magastos sa gas compared sa honda jazz? from experience american cars arent more magastos than benzes and an accord I had.

    with regards sa fabric you get what you pay for. again, my other convertibles have not had any problem sa rain...nor nasira in a long time. local tops tend to leak and have the rear window fading. I have a friend with a fastback who experienced a leak. it isnt the type of car but the seals etc. also convertibles are normally (if done properly) installed with a guard to prevent wear and tear from frame to fabric contact.

    a bad convertible top can lead to bad experiences. there are those kasi who use owner jeepney tops. So would you expect state of the art leak prevention there? not much R&D goes into their development. reminds me of the guy with a 60s mustang convertible last year who experienced a bad leak while enjoying his running and restored unit on a trip with his wife. She was so pikon she made him sell unit for 150k. now if that came your way would you buy it or wait for another type to come by? again you get what you pay for.
    Last edited by midinite; November 22nd, 2006 at 03:46 PM.

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    9,894
    #14
    i like my mustangs the same way i like my women - topless

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    72
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    but arent older cars more magastos sa gas compared sa honda jazz? from experience american cars arent more magastos than benzes and an accord I had.

    with regards sa fabric you get what you pay for. again, my other convertibles have not had any problem sa rain...nor nasira in a long time. local tops tend to leak and have the rear window fading. I have a friend with a fastback who experienced a leak. it isnt the type of car but the seals etc. also convertibles are normally (if done properly) installed with a guard to prevent wear and tear from frame to fabric contact.

    a bad convertible top can lead to bad experiences. there are those kasi who use owner jeepney tops. So would you expect state of the art leak prevention there? not much R&D goes into their development. reminds me of the guy with a 60s mustang convertible last year who experienced a bad leak and was so pikon he sold the running and restored unit for 150k. now if that came your way would you buy it or wait for another type to come by?

    hehhee oh yeah.. i'd definitely buy that in a jiffy hopefully i have 150k stashed somewhere hahaha

    wait.. are you serious that mustangs have better gas mileage than an accord? whew.. i was thinking of getting an early 90's accord early this year. hehehe buti na lang... if not grabe hehehe id cry na coz of the gas. actually i've heard nga that the accord are really a pain in the b*tt with regards to gas consumption. well its ot na

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,113
    #16
    sabi nga somewhere sa mga muscle car threads dito...if you're into muscle cars, you don't ask about the gas consumption (or something to that effect). primarily, it's probably the fear from 'wear and tear' that's keeping muscle car owners from using their rides more often...secondary lang siguro gas consumption, coz that would be my thinking if and when i get a muscle car.

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,190
    #17
    I voted coupe. But, I like any Mustang so long as it has a V-8 and stickshift. Actually, I wouldn't mind having the latest model V-6 Stang either. The latest V-6 Mustang finally has over 200hp and a torquey 4L V-6.

    Between the coupe or convertible, the convertible seems more prone to fit and finish quality control issues than the coupe. Not sure why. But, that's based on the last 3 convertibles I've seen at the local Ford dealer. The coupe seems to be fine though.

    Add: Ooops my bad. 1st gen Mustangs only. In that case, the first 2 sentences apply minus the V-8 statement....
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; November 22nd, 2006 at 05:52 PM.

  8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    784
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    sabi nga somewhere sa mga muscle car threads dito...if you're into muscle cars, you don't ask about the gas consumption (or something to that effect). primarily, it's probably the fear from 'wear and tear' that's keeping muscle car owners from using their rides more often...secondary lang siguro gas consumption, coz that would be my thinking if and when i get a muscle car.
    yup if you were thinking about gas consumption i would suggest a honda jazz. the muscle car is also an old car and hence not as efficient. it is not even as comfortable but it feels great to drive one. now that is the paradox of it.

  9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    95
    #19
    for me keep the top up in edsa...down when out of town.

  10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,722
    #20
    This is what jumpstarts my motor...


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
1st gen mustang coupe vs. fastback vs. convertible. which gets your motor running?