49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 38.78%
  • No

30 61.22%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i think they should strictly observe fast lanes and slow lanes... speedy vehicles in slow lane and slow vehicles in fast lane can have a higher probability of accidents.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    100 kph is more than enough imho. this is equivalent to almost 65mph which is the speed limit on the freeways of US. this is not just a matter of your car being able to handle the speed. it's a matter of putting the highways in order. and considering our roads here in the philippines, combined with uneducated drivers, 100 kph should be more than enough.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    um, there are speed limits in the Philippines?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    By law there is a national limit of 100kph iirc but like every other law it isnt enforced in the whole country.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I'd rather go to the improvement of the implementation of our laws. No matter good the idea is, nothing will happen if proper implementation is observed. Plus, of course, proper education to motorists.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    100 kph = 62.5 mph lang. sa US 65 mph in some states, 75 mph in others. alanganin pag 65, so 75 na lang para 120 kph :D labo na hehehe

ang dapat i-implement sa pilipinas ay hindi fixed speed limits sa highways kundi fixed speed limits sa lanes and particular vehicles.

1.) pag 2 lanes ang road, rightmost lane minimum = 60kph, maximum = 100 kph. left lane minimum 90 kph maximum 120 kph. trucks maximum 80 kph, buses maximum 110 kph.

2.) pag 3 lanes ang road, yung 2nd and 3rd lanes will have the same minimum and maximums as above.

3.) trucks stay only at the rightmost or outer lanes

4.) for single lane, 60 kph for trucks, 100 kph for all other vehicles. no tricycles allowed.

5.) vehicles running below the said minimum speed of will be confiscated and flattend by a 50 ton road roller.

so ordered,

yebo8

:D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    if the speed limit is 100 kph, so be it. but wag naman selective implementation of traffic laws. traffic enforcers should also be trained well (not to identify traffic violation traps) & not invent outrageous terms like "reckless swerving". Then good driver education & taasan lahat ng fines. I agree that traffic safety is a combination of enforcement, education & implementation of good road tech. Road tech to mean using science to build better roads whether in road building materials, traffic signs, cameras, control centers, etc. how can a motorist traveling 100 kph in the center of a 4 or 3 lane highway see an 18 inch roadsign?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    JohnG, sakin lang pre, 120 should be an acceptable maximum, kaya lang with the condition of the roads, unpredictability of other drivers, pedestrians suddenly crossing etc, realistically safe na yung current 100kph limit.

Pare if we set the limit to 140 tapos may jeepney na humarurot at that speed, aba eh ako mismo ang matatakot.

Selective speed enforcement is almost an impossibility here. Enforcement lang nga hirap na eh ;)

Again pre, its not us who cant handle safe speed. It's them. I mean the people who take to the roads in ill maintained vehicles.

Oh, and I totally agree with the 'proper lane speed' thing. Kaya lang nga we dont even enforce such stuff... (Fast Left, Slow Right)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd ideally go with a 120-140 speedlimit on highways like NLEX, Startoll, SLEX... Honestly, i find 100kph too slow once the road opens up.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I'm okay with a hundred.

Makakarating din ako sa pupuntahan ko.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Is 100kph enough?