New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Iba pa din ang may gauge. The idiot light only tells you when it's time to stop.

A true gauge reading can tell you if you can keep going. It's the difference being stuck in the middle of nowhere to limping home.

When I took the '97 MB100 to Zambales in 2010, it had a slight thermostat problem. The temp would overheat if you exceeded a certain speed.

At least with a gauge, I knew when I should ease off the power and when I can give it more go (I was on the SCTEX, I had no plans of being a rolling roadblock). Since I could actually see the gauge sweep through its arc.

With an idiot light, it will just tell you to stop irregardless of where you are.

Also the same reason why I like my oil pressure gauge (it can display falling oil pressure) more than that oil pressure idiot light (it can only say that you have insufficient oil pressure already). The voltmeter can show if there is excessive draw from the electrical equipment on board (where you can react by turning off some of the equipment). The battery idiot light can only say if there is alternator trouble. If you have an excessive draw situation, it will not light up. You will only find out when your car won't start after you turn it off.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    The new Explorer? It has a temp gauge, just select it from the different view options
    I checked through all the menus and settings, di ko makita yung temp gauge in the rental Explorer that I got. I just thought na di na rin kinabitan ng temp gauge.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Otep,

Sa banawe din ba nakakabili ng brand new water temperature gauge or meron sa mall like sa ace hardware?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Minsan po meron sa mall hardware or car accessory shops sa malls. Yung adaptor para malagay ang temp sensor sa rad hose meron sa concorde megamall. Auto gauge po ang tatak.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I checked through all the menus and settings, di ko makita yung temp gauge in the rental Explorer that I got. I just thought na di na rin kinabitan ng temp gauge.
    Left data screen behind the steering wheel. One option gives you temperature and fuel as side by side bars, with economy readout, if I recall right.

Avanza. No blue idiot light. Didn't get a chance to find out if there was a red one.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Minsan po meron sa mall hardware or car accessory shops sa malls. Yung adaptor para malagay ang temp sensor sa rad hose meron sa concorde megamall. Auto gauge po ang tatak.
    curious lang kung may available din kaya na electronic oil pressure gage along with the oil pressure sender sa concorde gamol?

IMHO, i still prefer the basic commodities with respect to gages. kung may absent, modify ko na lang. gaya ng ginagawa ko sa pickup ko kahit na luma na. voltmeter,boost, at oil pressure.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir meron oil pressure gauge dun. Hindi ko lang po sure if mechanical or electrical.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yung N16 Sentra meron pa atang temperature gauge.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    hep hep hep..... on the Suzuki Alto 0.8 and Chery QQ 1.1 they have a temperature gauge,

for the Vios, I guess, you can buy an temperature at your nearest auto supply to install at your Vios, afaik, it's only worth 100 pesos yun mga kinakabit na gauge sa jeep, ganun, be sure to mount it properly, yung nagddrive kasi ng taxi vios na kakilala ganon ang ginawa niya, or just go to trusted auto shop like speedlab, autoline, autolab etc.. and let them install defy or apex temperature gauges for your vios yun nga lang medyo pricey yung mga ganitong gauges compared to thos china made gauges sa tabi-tabing auto supply. Maganda naman

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Even the 438k peso Hyundai Eon has a full digital temperature gauge.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
1.3 liters and below no temperature gauge?