New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    OT: Soon Toyota will be the #1 car manufacturer in the world.Most americans buy jap cars because of reliability.Gotta grab more toyota stocks.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Toyota is growing fast, but it's starting to succumb to the problems GM and Ford had when they grew too big... poor quality.

Toyota itself is admitting to delaying model releases to enable more development time, to avoid the recalls that seem to have plagued recent models.

Interior quality seems to be going down, too, in terms of materials and fitment.

But I believe Toyota can pull out of it, if they focus less on their outright market share and refocus on quality.

-----

Neither GM nor Ford need the other one... they just need to downsize and to start spending more on development. GM has a wide variety of sources for technology, and the purchase of Daewoo has filled a gap in their line. Ford lacks only a good source of diesels to complete their line-up.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Like they say, staying on top is much harder than reaching it. Toyota should be able to iron out the recall issues after some time. It's good that they're not rushing things and are focusing on living up to their reputation of great quality.

So the Ford-GM merger has already been dismissed? How about a Toyota-BMW relationship?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Toyota is growing fast, but it's starting to succumb to the problems GM and Ford had when they grew too big... poor quality.

Toyota itself is admitting to delaying model releases to enable more development time, to avoid the recalls that seem to have plagued recent models.

Interior quality seems to be going down, too, in terms of materials and fitment.

But I believe Toyota can pull out of it, if they focus less on their outright market share and refocus on quality.

-----

Neither GM nor Ford need the other one... they just need to downsize and to start spending more on development. GM has a wide variety of sources for technology, and the purchase of Daewoo has filled a gap in their line. Ford lacks only a good source of diesels to complete their line-up.

I think toyota is on the right track.They did all the safety recalls here in US just to avoid lawsuits just in case something accidentally happen(heck,my sister highlander got a recall letter stating that the floormat needs a new clip,if the clip seperate from the carpet the cover may lean forward the pedal causing interference with the pedal rod)
    Ford recently anounces they will cut 10,000 white collar jobs and already cut 4,000 hourly salaried jobs.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Seems like GM's more worried about Hyundai. They have started airing commercials about their new 100,000 mile warranty which to me is a direct aim at Hyundai.

Also, dropping my kid off at school, I'm seeing more and more Hyundai vehicles on the road. Seeing 5 Hyundai vehicles in a row (spontaneously) ahead of me is something I've never seen before.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 21st, 2006 at 06:08 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Seems like GM's more worried about Hyundai. They have started airing commercials about their new 100,000 mile warranty which to me is a direct aim at Hyundai.

Also, dropping my kid off at school, I'm seeing more and more Hyundai vehicles on the road. Seeing 5 Hyundai vehicles in a row (spontaneously) ahead of me is something I've never seen before.

Jun,
    I think GM is copying hyundai marketing strategy.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m View Post
    Jun,
    I think GM is copying hyundai marketing strategy.
    Hyundai's strategy seems to be working, then. At least around here, there are a lot of Hyundais. Here in Tucson AZ, there seems to be a lot of Hyundai Tucsons.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 21st, 2006 at 06:22 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    GM Ford company, ok yan. We can call the company "Grand Malfunction Found On Road Dead"

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ford GM nalang... "Found On Road Dead, Get Mechanic!"

The long warranty is a good way to get customers back, and it's not a bad idea. Considering most new cars can expect to get to 100,000 miles anyway, the number of customers claiming warranty issues on their drivetrains at 90,000 miles will be statistically small.

And another boost is, you'll have people coming to the dealership for oil changes for a much longer period of time... i.e.: more $$$ for the company.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    nakakatawa sabi ni Conan sa show nya when he heard the news that GM & Ford will merge.... GM & Ford execs said....

"Let's do crappy cars together"

**and the audience applaused**
    Last edited by mikmik316; September 21st, 2006 at 03:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Rumor: GM and Ford Discuss Alliance, Possible Merger