New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Nope. Regular 4-speed AT.
    mabuti kung ganun...

sir napancin ko last time 120kph na nag shift pa po...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ngayon ko lang nakita to.

correct me if i am wrong, ang ford focus DCT ay multi-plate wet type clutch, tama ba?

naka-baklas na ko ng multi-plate clutch once in my boring life. same symptoms as described by the TS, shruderring, then lack of power. may strainer lang yan na barado kaya walang power. then the root cause of the problem (burned/dirty oil) is one of the valves. clutch/brake kasi yan, pag inapakan mo yung brake dapat bibitaw ang clutch. pag barado yung valve late ang pag-release ng clutch kaya napupudpod ang clutch disks, reason why the oil is burned and dirty.

so need gawin dyan (assuming tama ako) is open the transmission housing, flush all the oil and clean inside, clean all the oil strainers (maybe just 1, maybe 2, need to check all ports kasi nasa ports yung strainers)), and clean/adjust OR replace yung sequence valve.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mitzusu4DJ1 View Post
    Suwertihan talaga ang pagbili ng second hand, mababa nga ang mileage pero morethan 3year na siya, wala narin warranty and di natin alam ang history ng sasakyan, magagastusan ka talaga diyan. Sa FGP my mga company vehicle sila na sira ang A/T transmission Everest mga 4years old tinatambak nalang kahit sila namamahalan pag papalitan ng transmission

experience ko sa TDCI 25,000km in 3weeks 24/7 shifting driver pedal to the metal pa ang driving style, FGP mileage test 2009, ang nasira lang ubos ang brake pads pati brake disc hukay ang tire 30% nalang, tingin ko malas lang talaga bakit nasira yan di pa umabot sa warranty

hanap ka nalang ng magaling sa a/t transmission sa labas ng casa, mapag aaralan naman nila yan, ganyan talaga ang sasakyan ginawa para masira
    Hi Mitzusu, feeling ko factory defect, at di kasalanan ng previous owner dahil automatic at sealed/maintenance free yn transmission. Sana di na kailangan lumabas sa kasa pero baka di nila kaya.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    sir biglaan lang po ba nangyari na naglolo tranny nyo?

SIR niky power shift din kaya yung focus namin? gas 1.8AT yung may ( + M -) na nakalagay

a/t power shift din ata focus namin... so far 26k ang mileage so far so good pero more than 4yrs. na minsan ko lang ginamit yung power shift ba tawag dun? yung may + M - na sign... pero never pa na change oil ang tranny....
    Hi Glenn, yes biglaan lang

5. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    ngayon ko lang nakita to.

correct me if i am wrong, ang ford focus DCT ay multi-plate wet type clutch, tama ba?

naka-baklas na ko ng multi-plate clutch once in my boring life. same symptoms as described by the TS, shruderring, then lack of power. may strainer lang yan na barado kaya walang power. then the root cause of the problem (burned/dirty oil) is one of the valves. clutch/brake kasi yan, pag inapakan mo yung brake dapat bibitaw ang clutch. pag barado yung valve late ang pag-release ng clutch kaya napupudpod ang clutch disks, reason why the oil is burned and dirty.

so need gawin dyan (assuming tama ako) is open the transmission housing, flush all the oil and clean inside, clean all the oil strainers (maybe just 1, maybe 2, need to check all ports kasi nasa ports yung strainers)), and clean/adjust OR replace yung sequence valve.
    Hi Yebo, very detailed response- thank you! I'm not sure pero dry clutch ata yn focus DCT. Assuming dry clutch, may equivalent problem/solution kaya? thanks again.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I wonder if the previous owner got too amused with the immense torque of the TDCi???

Being a sealed unit this must be maintenance free. If it broke down with about 25K on the clock then it should be a congenital defect that needs replacing.

I also wonder if other owners of TDCi's had a similar issue???

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Anong balita TS sa Turbo Diesel Common Rail Injection Car mo? malapit na Pasko....

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by butterpear View Post
    Hi Yebo, very detailed response- thank you! I'm not sure pero dry clutch ata yn focus DCT. Assuming dry clutch, may equivalent problem/solution kaya? thanks again.
    The TDCi is wet-plate. The dry-plate system is in the Fiesta and new Focus 1.6. The dry-plate system has replaceable clutch packs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    **UPDATE DEC. 8**

-After my lack of success getting FGP to reply to my emails since October, my wife was finally able to contact them by phone about a week ago. She met with FGP at the casa on Wednesday (I was unfortunately at work)

-FGP said they are willing to share in the costs of replacing the transmission. As I stated in the original post, our feedback from Casa (who had called FGP in October to ask for the price of the transmission for this) was about P370k.

-FGP sent a proposal later in the week stating that the "official" cost of the transmission is P667,000. But they will give us a "special discount" and charge us only P363,000 for the part.

From our perspective, it looks like what they've done is to almost double the already crazy expensive price for the transmission from P370k to P667,000; then created an artificial discount by cutting it back to P363,000. I'm sure though that they have some internal document to support that price, ridiculous as it is.

Dealing with FGP has been extremely disappointing, frustrating, and expensive. I pulled the car out of the casa and have been looking for a transmission elsewhere as the prices from Ford are crazy and unaffordable. The only thing we've gained by dealing with Ford is a general diagnosis that the transmission is faulty and needs replacing. Just what exactly is wrong with it is a mystery. It cost us close to P22,000 and leaving the car 3 months with Ford to just find this out.

Unfortunately, Ford Focus parts aren't easy to find. The diesel DCT/powershift transmission seems particularly difficult (as there haven't been too many of these on the road), and I haven't been able to source one. Outside mechanics I've spoken to have no experience with the internals of the transmission, and are not confident they can do anything about this short of changing the entire assembly.

For those thinking of buying a Ford powershift/dual clutch transmission, you might want to consider that:

1. My transmission malfunctions do not seem to be isolated. Try googling to see all the complaints in other markets (like many Ford cars, the local Focus is a global model)
    2. If something in your ford powershift transmission does go bad, it's a sealed unit and chances are that you will have to replace the whole thing and the Ford people themselves may not be able to tell you exactly what's wrong with it.
    3. If you have to replace the whole thing, you can either: go to casa (bring P667,000, but maybe they'll give you a discount so you'll pay less than P400k); or source the transmission and have it fixed elsewhere
    4. There aren't too many Ford powershift cars around. The powershift transmission itself is a relatively new technology. This means that not only is the transmission itself difficult to source, but mechanics don't have much experience in fixing it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think you shouldn't settle for the quoted P363K tranny replacement price. As I mentioned before, it can be claimed as a product defect resulting in the early failure of the tranny. Although your car might be out of warranty, parts like the tranny should last the life of the car. Your car with only 25,000km on the odometer should not experience such a failure. FORD should honor the "goodwill warranty" claim on the Focus and replace the tranny with either no charge or minimal charge to the owner of the car. Minimal would be around P100K (more or less).

P373K is still way too much to pay for fixing something that can be seen as a factory defect resulting in early tranny failure.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast