New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    My brother had a similar problem with his OPEL OMEGA sedan. AT tranny failed after the warranty but the odometer was still under 40K. The casa wanted replace the tranny and charge him for the cost of the tranny plus labor (over P500,000 total in parts alone). After a few letters exchanged (with CC to lawyers, managers, executives, etc), OPEL (I think GM was the company who owned OPEL in the Philippines then) relented and ended up billing my brother only less than 50K for a new crated tranny, which was opened in his presence (part of the legal agreement) before it was installed on the car.

All in all, I think it took him 3 months just to get the legal matters done.
    Thanks for sharing this. 3 months is bad, glad he sorted it out. But considering my car has been with Ford for over 2 months without them even giving a specific diagnosis yet I guess i'm not in great shape. My wife was able to get in touch earlier today with FGP over the phone, we'll be meeting with FGP next week about this. Will update this thread in case anyone is interested.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Possibly. If so, then they do owe you a replacement, since the unit is supposed to be completely maintenance free.
    Hi Niky, it's also my understanding that the dual clutch transmission is supposed to be essentially maintenance-free. In fact, when Casa suggested that we change the fluid because it was black I had to wait several days as the plant doesn't stock it since they rarely have any need for it. At close to P3,000 per litre of the stuff I guess I wouldn't stock up on it either. When I brought it to Casa earlier this year for a general check-up, there was no mention of the need to change transmission fluid. They told me recently (after my transmission problems) that the fluid usually needs to be changed at very high mileage only.

Would you know though where I can find official documentation that states this?

The reason I ask is when my wife spoke with FGP earlier, they said that the transmission fluid should have been changed after 2 years/60,000km, and my transmission problems might have been caused by our not having done this. While I'm quite sure that this isn't the correct interval I don't have a document to prove it.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it is not in the manual, then they can't hold you to it. The car has been casa-maintained since new by the previous owner? If so, there should be a service history, and there should be evidence as to whether he was told by the SA to change the fluid. Shift the blame to the dealership for not informing the previous owner.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If it is not in the manual, then they can't hold you to it. The car has been casa-maintained since new by the previous owner? If so, there should be a service history, and there should be evidence as to whether he was told by the SA to change the fluid. Shift the blame to the dealership for not informing the previous owner.
    Thanks Niky. Unfortunately, the manual is in the glove compartment of the car in the Casa parking lot. The previous owner had it Casa serviced at 1 thousand and 5 thousand km, and seems to have missed the one at 10thousand(?). I'm sure though that there was no advice from Casa to change the fluid as part of scheduled maintenance as they didn't mention it when I had the car checked with them initially after purchase- nor in all of our discussions about the transmission problem when I brought it in for that. In fact, they said that the need to change transmission fluid at all for the DCT was a rare occurrence for them. Thanks again.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Suwertihan talaga ang pagbili ng second hand, mababa nga ang mileage pero morethan 3year na siya, wala narin warranty and di natin alam ang history ng sasakyan, magagastusan ka talaga diyan. Sa FGP my mga company vehicle sila na sira ang A/T transmission Everest mga 4years old tinatambak nalang kahit sila namamahalan pag papalitan ng transmission

experience ko sa TDCI 25,000km in 3weeks 24/7 shifting driver pedal to the metal pa ang driving style, FGP mileage test 2009, ang nasira lang ubos ang brake pads pati brake disc hukay ang tire 30% nalang, tingin ko malas lang talaga bakit nasira yan di pa umabot sa warranty

hanap ka nalang ng magaling sa a/t transmission sa labas ng casa, mapag aaralan naman nila yan, ganyan talaga ang sasakyan ginawa para masira

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    sir biglaan lang po ba nangyari na naglolo tranny nyo?

SIR niky power shift din kaya yung focus namin? gas 1.8AT yung may ( + M -) na nakalagay

a/t power shift din ata focus namin... so far 26k ang mileage so far so good pero more than 4yrs. na minsan ko lang ginamit yung power shift ba tawag dun? yung may + M - na sign... pero never pa na change oil ang tranny....

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I was thinking about the ford's dry clutch DCT. I have a friend who encountered same problem but fiesta yung sa kanya.ford replaced the clutch module. So sa pagiging ignorance ko nagtanung tanung ako sabi nila clutch module control unit yung problem nun. I knew a place that conducting a review about sa powershift DCT and checking the vehicle.curious lang ako nun day na yun. And i hope na may solution na sila sa problem n yan.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Try to search and watch pala the zf 7dct.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    sir biglaan lang po ba nangyari na naglolo tranny nyo?

SIR niky power shift din kaya yung focus namin? gas 1.8AT yung may ( + M -) na nakalagay

a/t power shift din ata focus namin... so far 26k ang mileage so far so good pero more than 4yrs. na minsan ko lang ginamit yung power shift ba tawag dun? yung may + M - na sign... pero never pa na change oil ang tranny....
    Nope. Regular 4-speed AT.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    TS in your shoes I'd change the tranny to a convetional M/T na lang... atleast next time na mag ka problema madali gawin..
    Last edited by blue_gambit; November 30th, 2012 at 11:10 AM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast