New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ililipat yun sa LTO next registration. Just make sure that the deed of sale is completely filled out and notarized.

Sorry, can't remember how much I paid last time... my company took care of the change of registration.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    yun po bang deed of sale, saan makakakuha ng copy ng document? may specific format po ba yun? or pwedeng gawin na lang stating na this guy is selling his car to this guuy for this amount then ipapanotarize na lang? thanks po ulit...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's something like that. You can ask the advice of a notary or borrow a deed of sale from someone else and copy the format.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Just wondering.... were you successfull in your planned purchase? Are you now a proud owner of a Ford Lynx Ghia? If so how is it in general? Easy to handle? Fuel consumption?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    exactly 2 months later....

mga sir, finally, nag down na ko dun sa ford lynx ghia 2003 na balak kong bilhin. kaso open deed of sale, tapos may release of chattel mortgage lang. tapos me photocopy ng id at ng cedula ng first owner. problem ko is wala na yung owner's manual. e hindi ko naman kabisado ang schedule ng maintenance ng ford, or any other car for that matter. Saan po ba ako makakakuha ng owners manual ng ford lynx ghia 2003? ano po bang pro's and cons ng ford ghia in terms of performance, consumption, maintenance? bakit sabi nila For O.. Repair Daily daw ang ford? totoo po bayun? nakakatakot lang kase nga first time car buyer ako tapos di ko pa kabisado ang mga basics nga car maintenance.. so any inputs would really help po. nagmember na po ako sa Fod club philippines pero di pa ata activated ang membership ko. sensya na po sa mahabang post, and tia po sa mga magrereply/comment...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    1) no need for the manual, pare-pareho lang naman ang maintenance intervals.

Right now, when you get it, replace the engine oil, air filter, power steering fluid, and have the radiator flushed. Also have the spark plugs changed, don't go for platinums, just the Denso ones. These are cheap operations that you could even do yourself if you're adventurous enough. And, even if these "consumables" may not be worn out, best to replace them all in one go para safe ka na for another 30,000 kilometers.

If it's an AT, have the tranny flushed at Autotechnika, they have the best-recommended tranny flush treatment. Few thousand pesos. Mazda's have a bad reputation for fragile AT's, and if the previous owner did not religiously change the ATF, the AT might be endangered by now. So best to have it flushed.

With 40K on the clock, you should prepare to refurbish the entire suspension soon (bushings, shock absorbers, connecting rods...) soon. That will set you back 20K pesos plus. Better start planning for it, more so kung kalampagin na yung suspension. I no longer recommend the Zee/Cruven "re-inflate your shocks" treatment, they only work for a while and the quality ain't so great.

At 50K you should replace the water pump, timing belt, and tensioners. Replace na rin the valve cover gasket while you're at it. About 7K pesos or so.

2) it's a Mazda 323! so it's a Japanese car just like Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi.
    Last edited by orly_andico; July 3rd, 2007 at 07:35 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks sir Orly. The problem is, tuwing kelan ba yung maintenance interval? And ano ba yung regular na pinapalitan pag nagmemaintain? MT po yung auto na balak kong bilhin, then may extended warranty sa ford til 2009/75K kms. May Insurance din til 2008. Oo nga pala mga masters, anong kelangan kong papers para mailipat sa name ko yung insurance at yung ford warranty? open deed of sale kase to e. Thanks po ulit sa mga magrereply. Magandang umaga po!

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Ganoon ba ang maintenance ng Ford Lynx at a very low mileage? Are you talking thru experience?
    Grabe pala ang mahal at rupok nito.
    Kasi comparing to Nissan Sentra before I change the bushings, etc. ay mga 120,000 kms., brake pads at 115,000 kms, manual tranny.
    Toyota Altis AT at 80,000 kms is also very simple and cheap maintenance, both are serviced in casa.
    Nakakadalawang-isip pala ang Ford. Baka ganoon din ka-grabe ang ibang Ford, di ko na itutuloy ang plans ko. Thanks for the info.
    Dahil may warranty pa nga kamo yan till 2009, wala ka ng problem, so be very vigilant lang sa mga tunog, sa handling, sa noise, sa performance at ipasok mo agad sa warranty if anything is abnormal to your feelings. Dapat up to the last day of warranty ay parang brand new ang performance, di ko masabi ang comfort kasi sabi nila stiff daw ang suspension nyan. Para sa akin stiff na ang suspension ng Altis, e di lalo na pala yan, para kang AUV o SUV.
    Good luck.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Well, don't know about the Lynx but I still have an old Mazda 626. The (non-original) bushings didn't last more than 20,000 km.

So I would expect original stuff would last 50,000 km.

I do not consider 41,000 km to be low mileage. That's high mileage to me. That's four years of driving for me.

OTOH I haven't racked up enough mileage on the Mazda3 so know how long original bushings last.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    1. mga sir, anong papers po ba ang kelangan ko para malipat sa name ko yung insurance at yung warranty nung lynx?

2. totoo bang hindi maganda ang quality ng ford? ng lynx?

3. totoo bang mas mahal ang oem parts at mas mahirap maghanap ng piyesa ng ford lynx compared to other brands ng car?

4. for 300T petot, would i be better of with, say a 1998 honda city, or a 1998 galant shark, a 2000 exalta, a 200 lancer mx instead of a 2003 ford lynx ghia?

5. Saan po ang the best na casa ng ford? is the service of ford libis any good? rizal pa po kase ang bahay ko e, so if ever me ipapagawa, sa pinakamalapit na casa na sana as much as possible...

6. pwede ko po bang itawag sa TMG ang plate number ng auto just to check kung hot car ito? pano ko malalaman kung me problems sa papers ng sasakyan?

thanks po ulit sa mga magrereply....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Planning to buy a Ford Lynx Ghis 2003 MT 41TKms