New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'm with ^. Excessive tire wear is not necessarily a problem on the tires themselves. Structural integrity (up to a certain extent) and trueness is.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    There is no adjustment to be had with a beam axle, but it would be interesting to see what the readings are.

I recall some Focus owners were complaining about poor rear tire wear due to the built in camber. We didn't have those issues on our dear, departed (sold! Wahhhh!) TDCi because the front tires wore down to nubs, first.
    I think its the stock 1.5(?) degree negative camber of the Focus' rear suspension is a bit too much though, the inner part of the wheels tend to wear out faster.
    Treadwear rating for the Eagle NCT5 is 240, while the Assurance Fuel Max is 280, based on what's written on the tire (though in online sites it says 580).
    It should at least last a tiny bit longer, the only problem I had with the Eagle NCT5s is they wore out fast.

I'm just curious what the (permanent) camber setting is on the Fiesta's twist beam rear suspension.

PS: What is the Treadwear rating on the Fiesta's OEM Continental tires?
    Last edited by AG4; May 6th, 2012 at 02:04 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    There is no adjustment to be had with a beam axle, but it would be interesting to see what the readings are.

I recall some Focus owners were complaining about poor rear tire wear due to the built in camber. We didn't have those issues on our dear, departed (sold! Wahhhh!) TDCi because the front tires wore down to nubs, first.
    Another nail to seal Continental's coffin:

The tires stayed swapped 6 months, approx. 10,000 KM causing the mysterious noise. When they were swapped back, the tires that stayed in the rear suspension were OK in front.

By logic, that eliminates the theory that suspension is the culprit.

Here is a picture of the Fiesta's rear suspension :

Link : 2011 Ford Fiesta SES: Suspension Walkaround

This confirms my understanding that the rear tire is just there for the ride. Add to this that most of the duty of our fiesta is to carry only the driver. Wala usually load sa likod kaya we cannot theorize mas bugbog yung rear tires.

It was simply defective as it was manufactured. Conti meet Moto. Hello Moto!
    Last edited by vivafoxpro; May 8th, 2012 at 03:27 AM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Just to check, there is no warranty violation as long as we use the same dimension tire right? Also changing the stock rim to another similar size should not affect the warranty?

would going to a 205/55r16 be ok? anyone on that size?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LoBudget View Post
    would going to a 205/55r16 be ok? anyone on that size?
    On a Fiesta? If its for a Fiesta, that might be too big.
    16's for the Fiesta Sport is 195/50R16 (23.7in diameter).
    205/55R16 = 24.9in diameter
    Last edited by AG4; May 8th, 2012 at 09:30 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    *3GEMS

Eto sya...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Palpak : Fiesta Continental Tires