New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    hi guys... i need some input and as well as the difference amongst the Limited Ed., Eddie Bauer, and XLT.They say XLT's are around 4.6 L compared with the Eddie Bauer Which has 5.4L. XLT's daw are 4x4 sa 99 model than succeeding yrs. 4x2 na lang daw lumabas. Gas consumption of XLT's is around 5-6km/L while Eddie Bauer consumes 2-3km/L... correct me if i'm wrong. Pero if nilagyan daw nga chaos yun xlt it could run about 7km/L. which is the consumption of the new cr-v's and cefiros.... They say pag register daw ng exped... it only cost around 2T plus assuming it's v8 engine compared to those accords and cefiros nasa 5T+ plus un singilan. Anyway guys.... pls. give me the pros and cons. Maintenance and parts..... if cheap or expensive. Ano po pinaka weakness ng Ford expedition... ?They say sa kasa lang daw ito pinapagawa dahil sa systems niya. Thanks guys =)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    chaos ba kamo????

please be my guest to browse topics on Khaos here...

anyways if you're gunning for the EXPE with any trim be sure to expect problems on air conditioning like condenser/evaporator yan ang unang tumitigok

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    5-6km/l is a bit optimistic for the expedition...try 4-4.5kl/l..
    i think up to model year 2000 may 4x4 pa rin..
    parts and service on the expensive side..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    they say if it reaches 100,000 kms at the clock may papalitan daw shocks i think, not sure basta gagastos ka raw more or less 100k just to fix it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anywhere you look at it, it is still a gas guzzler. the 4-4.5 kms/liter stated by hero is on light traffic. my officemate's exped averages around 3.5-3.8 kms/liter lang. when we went to tagaytay late last year, from makati, ubos yung full tank nya.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I had an expedition (XLT 2000 model 4x2) for 4 years as my company car. It is no doubt a gas guzzler. I averaged around 3.5 - 4.0 km/liter in the city and the best i achieved on highway driving is 5.6km/liter.

I did not have any problem with my aircon unit. Malamig and the evaporator/condenser never conked out. Just ensure that you have the a/c micron filter cleaned every 5,000km and replace it with a new one every 10,000km.

From my personal experince the expy is a very nice SUV - lots of space and it has a very nice ride (although for some it's a bit too soft). Never had a problem with my unit. The only downside is the gas consumption (on average my company spent about P2,500 a week on gas) and the frequent need to replace the brake pads (due to its almost 3 ton weight).

Hope this helps.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nikko
    hi guys... i need some input and as well as the difference amongst the Limited Ed., Eddie Bauer, and XLT.They say XLT's are around 4.6 L compared with the Eddie Bauer Which has 5.4L. XLT's daw are 4x4 sa 99 model than succeeding yrs. 4x2 na lang daw lumabas. Gas consumption of XLT's is around 5-6km/L while Eddie Bauer consumes 2-3km/L... correct me if i'm wrong. Pero if nilagyan daw nga chaos yun xlt it could run about 7km/L. which is the consumption of the new cr-v's and cefiros.... They say pag register daw ng exped... it only cost around 2T plus assuming it's v8 engine compared to those accords and cefiros nasa 5T+ plus un singilan. Anyway guys.... pls. give me the pros and cons. Maintenance and parts..... if cheap or expensive. Ano po pinaka weakness ng Ford expedition... ?They say sa kasa lang daw ito pinapagawa dahil sa systems niya. Thanks guys =)
    correct me if am wrong... the mileage that you got might be from rebel's ride... which is (AFAIK) mostly highway driving...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    oh yeah i was basing it on our route..which is slex...travelling on non-rush hour times..eheheh kaya mataas taas pa yung figures ko ehehe.. for me, kung hindi ganito kataas ang price ng gas (think 2002 prices) ok lang pero now that its nearly doubled..now its really a pain to own..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    99 model of the expe XLT came up as 4x4... yung sumunod 4x2 nalang...regular consumption for it is around 5-6km\L mostly running from bulacan to manila yun... ewan ko lang sa iba... sa ngayon usually you could get it at around 750-850k reselling price...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nikko
    WEAKNESS? I think it has all the weakness.Go to www.carreview.com.
    It's big and bulky, slow, gas guzzler and I think If im gonna buy one of these, the only reason will be my colonial mentality. Here in the States , it goes on SALE occasionally so even if you are underbudget you can afford this truck, I mean it's really cheap when on sale.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Ok ba Ford Expedition XLT 99?