New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon
    yung lynx CE daw limited units lang, pero maglalabas din daw ang ford ng lynx RS, iba lang ang interior pero parehong engine, exterior... yun unlimited units depending on market demand.
    Looks like this is Ford's answer to the market gap left by the Honda Civic SiR.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    marketing strategy ng ford is taking advantage of the asian free trade agreement.
    with the ability to "exchange" variants with different countries at a lower tax cut, (the new ranger is now being imported from thailand) they can undercut the prices of the current offerings by toyota, honda, and such.

the lynx rs is a perfect example of this, i believe that all 100 units will come from thailand ... and it costs just a fraction higher than the high-end lynx ghia, and still undercutting the altis 1.8 by less than a 100 grand! :roll:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think it's pretty obvious that ford is selling the lynx CE at a loss, unless the government is giving them a significant tax break (very possible, given how low they are able to price the expedition and explorer). this might also explain why only a hundred units will be produced -- ford will likely be losing money on each one.

i'm expecting the lynx rs to be priced higher than the lynx ce if it will indeed be the unlimited production model.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aren't the production of the lynx for SEA based here in the philippines? if so, ford might be taking advantage of the tax breaks that the gov't is giving them for doing so.

and to begin with, the lynx ghia is way cheaper than its 1.6L counterparts.

i don't think that ford would be selling the CE at a loss. i'd bet that to get the CE, you have to course it through ford's financing plan, which isn't that competitive. they will even prioritize the buyer who does that over a 100% cash payment.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    but suspension still looks stock. sana they put in stiffer springs para talagang race-prepped.
    Lynx RS's suspension is different from the 1.6L engine. It's designed for 2.0 engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    sana ilabas na lang yung focus RS para panlaban sa impreza wrx and evo8
    be patient. time will come.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    sayang... they will only produce 100 units... la pang budget para palitan 323 ko! :mrgreen:
    Centennial Lynx RS (available only in black color) is limited only for 100 units but the Regular Lynx RS will not be limited (depending on customer's demand) and will be available in 'all colors'. the 2 RS's differ only in seat style and Regular RS will have no centennial novelties and badges.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M
    the lynx rs is a perfect example of this, i believe that all 100 units will come from thailand ... and it costs just a fraction higher than the high-end lynx ghia, and still undercutting the altis 1.8 by less than a 100 grand! :roll:
    there's no ford plant in thailand that makes any Lynx model. it's the ford philippines that makes all lynx's for export to thailand.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    okay na sana lahat, except the seats.

Sana ginawa nilang leather.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ba recaro seats yung centenial RS? yung sa ibang markets naka Recaro yung RS dun eh... like the black Tierra RS na nakadisplay sa Transportshow sa megamall noon.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by M
    there's no ford plant in thailand that makes any Lynx model. it's the ford philippines that makes all lynx's for export to thailand.
    so ... sa atin pa rin talaga galing yung 2.0L zetec ng RS ... hmmn ... well, i guess the free trade agreement does work for ford. if i understand this correctly (like what mazdamazda said), ford is given some leverage on taxes because of this.

i don't think ford (or any car company for that matter) would sell any of their products at a loss though.

galing nga pala ako kanina sa glorietta, and the RS really looks good. medyo pangit lang yung muffler (looks cheap), but it's nothing an aftermarket 5zigen wouldn't cure ... :lol:

the fiesta and the everest also looks promising. but what i want is the new ecosport! forget the escape, this is the real deal!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
LYNX 2.0 out in july