Hello guys!

I rarely post but I have been reading plenty of forum topics for a long time now and it has been very helpful. Now is a cornerstone of my life where I was able to buy my very first car using my hard earned money. After looking at several cars and low budget that I have, I was convinced to have a 2nd hand '01 ford lynx gsi (1.3L) and I am very happy with it. The engine is great and it feels like brand new (w/c i feel very lucky) and the only downside is it doesn't have a tint yet.

I am just a novice when it comes to car and maintenance that's why I've been reading the manual. Aside from the manual, what else should I look into?Since this is a 2nd hand car, I brought my car-addict friend with me to have it checked before i bought it and it was an ok to him but right now I want to ask for tips and advises. This car is an eye opener to me and suddenly I became conscious of its maintenance and other things that I should look out for to make it last.

Any tip(s) for a beginner? I really want to make the car last and since this is my very first car I want to take care of it the best way that I can be.

PS: I only know how to drive but when it comes to maintenance im really a beginner(i.e. I don't know what an alternator looks like until the mechanc pointed it out to me)