New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hello guys!

I rarely post but I have been reading plenty of forum topics for a long time now and it has been very helpful. Now is a cornerstone of my life where I was able to buy my very first car using my hard earned money. After looking at several cars and low budget that I have, I was convinced to have a 2nd hand '01 ford lynx gsi (1.3L) and I am very happy with it. The engine is great and it feels like brand new (w/c i feel very lucky) and the only downside is it doesn't have a tint yet.

I am just a novice when it comes to car and maintenance that's why I've been reading the manual. Aside from the manual, what else should I look into?Since this is a 2nd hand car, I brought my car-addict friend with me to have it checked before i bought it and it was an ok to him but right now I want to ask for tips and advises. This car is an eye opener to me and suddenly I became conscious of its maintenance and other things that I should look out for to make it last.

Any tip(s) for a beginner? I really want to make the car last and since this is my very first car I want to take care of it the best way that I can be.

PS: I only know how to drive but when it comes to maintenance im really a beginner(i.e. I don't know what an alternator looks like until the mechanc pointed it out to me)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Is it a GSi or LSi? It's the LSi that's 1.3 liters. Not a bad engine, though... pretty peppy despite its low power output.

Go over to http://forum.fordclubph.com for advice on what to look for. There are some quirks to the Lynx, but aside from the usual electronic troubles (common to most EFi engines), it's a pretty good car. The guys at FCP will also be able to point you towards suppliers who carry parts for the Lynx at good prices.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    Its a gsi

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Since you want your car to last and serve you better and you said the car engine feels like new a tender loving car needs your car .Just follow the proper maintanance to your car especially the oil the heart of the engine . Replace all the fliuid if manual Transmision gear oil and differential gear oil if Auto transmission replace ATF fluid to make the transmision last long that most tsikoteer member had a problem on there transmision malfunction. There a lot of thread here regarding your Question . Anyway goodluck on your new car.

How to take care of my very first car, ford lynx gsi '01