Guys,

My friend asked my help to post this in the forum - I think it's quite a big concern....

Last Sat, she and her husband took their Ford Escape to Ford Makati for the routine oil change/tune-up. I think the unit is about 6-9mos old....

From makati, they drove to market market, then to this condo in taguig then to megamall. In market2, they already noticed a funny sound, and the starting wasn't as quick. It was in mega where they discovered the heavy oil leak. The husband texted a Ford personnel but advised him to bring the unit back for inspection today, Monday. Sunday they drove out for a while but eventually turned back home when the 'funny sound' started got too loud. Today, the check-up results were given to them: the guy used an oil filter with no rubber gasket last sat that's why the oil spilled out.

My friend's question: should they push for a replacement of the engine given that it's still under warranty period? I'm not sure if ford will agree to that suggestion but for a car costing that much, I would understand if they feel that they're driving a damaged engine due to some mechanic's oversight....

Any inputs will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.....