New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    peace, brotha Explorer...not everyone is in the know ;) So, FMC sucks pala...Ford coulda used that as grounds for terminating whatever agreement they had

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by badkuk
    peace, brotha Explorer...not everyone is in the know ;) So, FMC sucks pala...Ford coulda used that as grounds for terminating whatever agreement they had
    i think ford/mazda wouldn't find for a new partner and spend billions more to set up a new plant/facilities if francisco motors and columbian motors did a good during the time when they handled the mazda brand.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    in the case of francisco motors, it was just importing materials and selling only to the domestic market which means spending more dollars and selling them to local market. francisco motors did not even work to make mazda product w/ good image. francisco motors was contented in making money w/o extending good services to the mazda customers. no wonder the jeep that francisco has been making for decades already remained the same w/o improving the quality and product design. francisco motors is contented w/ their jeep design and making money from it and did not improve in product development. this is a lesson learned that every businessman should learn..."if you don't take good care of your customers...others are most willing to do
    true... it even stated that ford stopped production of the next-generation anfra AUV... LOL what a f**king joke! yun anfra mukhang *** e.... next gen? hell no!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by explorer
    i think ford/mazda wouldn't find for a new partner and spend billions more to set up a new plant/facilities if francisco motors and columbian motors did a good during the time when they handled the mazda brand.
    well said! fmc and columbian motors bungled up in handling the mazda brand (which is a good brand to begin with).... the prices are a tad lower than its competitors plus they were fully loaded at that time... what more can you ask for?

now that ford came out big here in the philippines (despite the prediction that its gas guzzling SUVs would not take off here), they want a piece of the pie now! especially now that mazda is making a comeback here, and with a bang!!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ssaloon
    any idea on the specs of the 3.0 V6 escape?
    The sporty 3.0L Duratec V6 engine with 4-speed automatic transmission produces 201 horsepower * 5900 rpm and 196 lb.-ft. of torque * 4700 rpm.

a far cry from the engine below...

The capable 2.0L DOHC Zetec I4 engine puts out 127 horsepower * 5400 rpm and 135 lb.-ft. of torque * 4500 rpm.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aba! ang lakas ah! panapat sa V6 grand vitara!

limited # of units ba yung V6 escape?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ssaloon
    aba! ang lakas ah! panapat sa V6 grand vitara!

limited # of units ba yung V6 escape?
    additional variant.

magkano kaya yung Lynx RS? mukhang ok, except that the 2.0 engine = magastos sa gas.

i wonder if Ford took into account the slow sale of the CE (my boss just got a CE a few weeks back, parang di pa nauubos considering na 100 units lang dapat yun). sana mas mura than the CE.

Oh no, madadagdag na naman sa 'short' list ko na hindi na short sa dami ng kasama. hahaha.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    april_ryan,

dagdag mo pa sa list mo yung TRS lynx!!! heheh
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by caloyski5
    april_ryan,

dagdag mo pa sa list mo yung TRS lynx!!! heheh
    TRS ... hmmm :drool:

i thought that ford would be coming out with the Lynx RS with only the body kit and extras ... i didn't think they would bring in the 2.0L powerplant along with it :jump2:

i guess this would be to pre-empt the entry of mazda with their new lieup. :inlove:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Ford Vehicles (New Models and Price List)