New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    The new Ranger will be released by the end of the year.

The new Hilux will also be released this year.

If you're not in a hurry to buy, you might want to wait.

Mitsubishi will also introduce upgraded engines in the Strada this year.

These are all official announcements as published in the inquirer.

-Good news for me & to my wife sir & yes we will considered it all your positive input,good insight regarding two pick-up truck and other info w/c is upgraded other version of pick-up truck.
    - I'll go ford ranger......thanks a lot to all tsikooters

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Few months back I had a similar problem, what pick-up to get to replace my 9 year old Ford Ranger. Given I had 9 trouble free years with my Ford Ranger, the new Ford Ranger was the first on the list, but was also open to other brands. I also had a budget, which was around 1M +/- 10%. (Budget includes insurance, Chattel and etc.) The Ford Ranger Trekker m/t with all the discount was P. 950,000.00 plus free LTO, Matting, TINT and Bedliner.

Why I ended up with my 2011 Ford Ranger Trekker:

Other contenders:

Nissan Navarra 4x2 MT - Over budget, and not much freebies. I also don't like the lower stance of the 4x2, it lacks the MACHO look.

Toyota Hi-Lux 4x2 E (G version is over budget) - Besides the basic power options, the unit is pretty much bare. Wheels are the skinny type steel type, no fender flares, and discount was very minimal. By the time I spend on the upgrades, it will cost much more and will be over budget.

Isuzu D-Max 4x2 - Within budget, has all the features I want, sadly the dealer in our area had really bad service. Went in to look at the unit, there was only 1 SA, the showroom lights and aircon was not even turned on (mid afternoon), the SA had no idea what he was talking about, and couldn't even give a price breakdown, freebies or discount.

Mitsubishi Strada 4x2 - Didn't bother, with multiple bad experience with 3 previous Mitsubishi diesel powered vehicles, I am not willing to take any risk on getting another diesel powered Mitsubishi.

By the way all those promos with many freebies are only applicable if you go in-house fiancing which has rediculously high interest rates. In fact the interest is so high that if you have other banks finance your vehicle, the money saved is more than all the freebies (Comprehensive insurance, TPL and Chattel mortgage). In my case, BPI even had a promo for a free GPS unit. If you find the cash out to heavy for things like comprehensive insurance, you can have insurance premium from BPI in 12 months installment, and even so the total monthly (loan + insurance) is still lower than the monthly you have to pay for in-house financing from the car dealership.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Go with the Ford Ranger. it's all what you need and performance wise, it's the best.
    Even the old WLT Turbo engine of the Ranger would eat the Hilux 2.5 alive.
    Last edited by SiRbossR; May 22nd, 2011 at 07:55 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    i traded my 4 year old ford trekker a/t to a 2 year old hilux m/t, not considering whether it is mt or at ford is better when it comes to performace, comfort i'll go for hilux

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ford ranger 4x2 2.5L Trekker MT versus Hi-lux G 2.5L MT