New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
    Imagine an armoured truck or a Isuzu Tropper falling from the sky and hitting your ride would be more scary.
    nangyari na yan sa amin. 280 north bound nasa taas. 280 south bound nasa baba. may tow-truck na north bound nakatulog yung driver. nahulog sa south bound lane. bumagsak mismo sa van na may 5 passengers.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Imagine an armoured truck or a Isuzu Tropper falling from the sky and hitting your ride would be more scary.
    That'd be true except I'm sure whoever organized that Ford GT run would've closed off any road leading to that stretch of highway where the run was made.

The only danger would be from the driver or the car itself.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    I think they do close off traffic before run, very clear. No other car in the video.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ^^^ IMHO, the organizers didn't cordon off or closed the road. They simply don't have the right. That is a PUBLIC road, (built under the BOT scheme) but managed by Citra (I think). And closing a public road requires prior notice to the public.

As a motorist, I would have raised hell if they closed the road just to stage their stupid stunt. As I've said repeatedly, if they could afford that kind of car, they can afford time to book a private track, where they can break speed records for all I care.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    ^^^ IMHO, the organizers didn't cordon off or closed the road. They simply don't have the right. That is a PUBLIC road, (built under the BOT scheme) but managed by Citra (I think). And closing a public road requires prior notice to the public.

As a motorist, I would have raised hell if they closed the road just to stage their stupid stunt. As I've said repeatedly, if they could afford that kind of car, they can afford time to book a private track, where they can break speed records for all I care.
    Do you know where these guys can book a 5km lenght of track in the Phil. ?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Do you know where these guys can book a 5km lenght of track in the Phil. ?
    Probably not many spots. I say just ship that GT over here. 2 chances to legally go +200 mph in a public highway. He'll be in good company with others who like to drive in rarefied speeds.

Of course, the trick is to maintain such speeds for 90 miles/145 km.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 23rd, 2007 at 08:48 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Ford GT does 220mph