New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    600-700K? Come on... that's the price of subcompact sedans... and is a very unrealistic expectation.
    Plus the fact that the Focus is diesel-powered, common rail no less.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    guys, that's why the word "hope" is there.

I know that it's a big stretch in the first place, but who knows.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *double post* damnit...
    Last edited by niky; March 11th, 2008 at 02:14 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    700k nowadays will almost, but not quite buy you the following:

The top-of-the-line but still tinny and unrefined Toyota Avanza. With rear drum brakes and the chassis stiffness of old spaghetti. (800k) shocking.

The Suzuki APV, top-of-the-line. Ancient SOHC engine, and cold-war era plastics. 770k++

The Suzuki Swift. Prettier inside than the Focus. Seats two people and two grocery bags. 760k++

The Toyota Vios 1.5 G (near 800k now). Nice looking interior, but non-Toyota level plastics. Looks like a melted Honda City.

The Honda Jazz 1.5 VTEC - plasticky interior, crashy ride. (But I like it, mind you)

-----

If you actually want a car AT 700k, you're looking at 1.3 liter cars with very little in terms of space or luxury.

-----

Nowadays, cars that once cost 700k in 2000, like the SiR, would cost about 1m. Look at the Corolla 1.8, for example...

The Focus is priced just right. It's just that we can't help thinking in terms of how much the peso USED to be worth... instead of what it's worth now.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well... hopefully the government amends again the vehicle excise tax law (http://www.chanrobles.com/republicactno9224.html) ... a 2% flat rate regardless of price.

:cool01:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Lets just hope na bumaba ang price ng mga auto..

Guys papost naman ung issue tungkol sa mga nandudukot ng mga tao,, sa van d2 sa cavite, batangas at laguna,, dumadami na kasi bigla ung mga issue at nagfreak out na mga school, ang balita daw kasi may mga van na umiikot d2 tapos kidnap ng bata tapos papatayin,, kukunin ung internal organ tapos babalik din ung katawan may nakaipit na pera sa katawan

paki post namn

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    i just visited ford singapore's website. there's a link there that says the new focus kinetic design is coming soon! sana sunod na sa pinas!!!!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by javauser View Post
    i just visited ford singapore's website. there's a link there that says the new focus kinetic design is coming soon! sana sunod na sa pinas!!!!
    http://www.regentmotors.com.sg/ford/

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    I sure hope they bring in the new Focus TDCi with the DSG...they are going to lose more potential customers to the new Lancer CVT when it comes out this year.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I hope we do get it here soon.
    We were delayed in getting the slightly updated model with a new bumper, I hope this doesn't mean that they will delay the release of the reskinned Focus.

Last edited by AG4; April 3rd, 2008 at 12:08 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Ford Focus 'Kinetic' -- TDCi + 'Powershift' DSG