New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by izeman_x View Post
    Sir, may idea ba kayo kung saan nakakabili nyan?
    Kung ok lang sa moderators. I'm posting the tel# 242-1111 ng supplier ko.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post

So far, the negative about fiesta are:
    1 long gear change on 1st and 2nd gear.
    2. Plastic clips are flimsy (wheel caps)
    3. Not lockable gas lid
    4. You cant verify visually if all doors are locked. Yup i know there is the switch on the center console.

ok, I can consider 1, 2 and 4 as a bit of a downside for the fiesta, BUT not a MAJOR issue to sway me from getting one. sabi nga nila, slight imperfections lang naman...

but with regards to number 3, NO, it's not a "negative" factor on the fiesta, an easy to open gas lid with traditional fuel cap VS not lockable gas lid equipped with capless fuel system... you have to agree that the capless system is much better and safer. though, having the gas lid lockable would be extremely great but not having it would mean it has to be a negative point, for me it falls on the "better" level. not GREAT but BETTER than the traditional fuel lid and cap design which is crappier.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Balik na naman sa gas lid issue mga braders?

Wag na, baka me maban na naman...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    I have confidence that you did a test drive of the Fiesta much earlier than us newbies.

To get the balance we all seek, us Fiesta bros will be delighted to hear from you sir the good points of the Fiesta in your own personal view.

Fair?
    Hi sir. As ive said a few post above, i like the Fiesta. What broke the purchase is the rear space and size. I guess im not used to small cars. But the negative things i posted are things you owners posted.

What i like about the Fiesta:
    1. The hatch looks better than the sedan. But i didnt say panget ang sedan. Mas cute ang hatch.
    2. 6 speed transmission for a sub compact.
    3. Its quiet to drive.
    4. Very light steering (good and bad).
    5. Radio is hi-tech (a talking knight rider)
    6. Suspension sporty for subcompact.
    7. Global car model
    8. Good safe car.
    Etc etc etc

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    TS, kung bothered ka talaga, pa lagyan mo na lang ng rivet sa gitna para me konting style at ma secure yung cap mo. Simple lang. Sa hirap ng buhay pede kasi ibenta pa rin yang ganyan...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the price wars (i.e. how to lower manufacturing costs)! what's next, the rustproof? memories memories...
    errr... who designed the fiesta again?
    btw, is the mazda 2 like this?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi sir. As ive said a few post above, i like the Fiesta. What broke the purchase is the rear space and size. I guess im not used to small cars. But the negative things i posted are things you owners posted.

What i like about the Fiesta:
    1. The hatch looks better than the sedan. But i didnt say panget ang sedan. Mas cute ang hatch.
    2. 6 speed transmission for a sub compact.
    3. Its quiet to drive.
    4. Very light steering (good and bad).
    5. Radio is hi-tech (a talking knight rider)
    6. Suspension sporty for subcompact.
    7. Global car model
    8. Good safe car.
    Etc etc etc
    That is what I call fair treatment

Specially the "Etc" . (Good features too many to mention?)

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Let me add sa positive thing sa Fiesta....

Kasya ang 6footer na may timbang na +/-200pounds na Egyptian sa driver seat...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the price wars (i.e. how to lower manufacturing costs)! what's next, the rustproof? memories memories...
    errr... who designed the fiesta again?
    btw, is the mazda 2 like this?
    My own observation is Ford skimped on the non performance and non safety related items like the screw cover, door sidings, etc so that ordinary people like myself can afford one.

Kung lagyan nila ng heated leather seats, sino ba naman magbabayad nun? Tayo din. It is better for them to put in plain fabric and then give us the option to add leather seat covers if we wanted to.

No one forced me to buy the Fiesta and I do hope none of you were coerced to buy your own particular brand and model (Fiesta, Yaris or Jazz).

We live in a "simulated" free market.

Bought a computer lately? Guess who made the processor.

Filled up with gas? Guess where it ALL comes from.

Bought your own specially chosen car? I had only Honda, Hyundai, Suzuki and Ford as candidates.

These big car companies (Like Petron, Shell & Caltex) wave their baton and all of us really have no choice.

Finally, for us with Fiestas, let us enjoy our rides and for minor issues, (in chorus) Live with it!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I still commend the Thread starter for discovering by accident regarding another fuel lid problem.

So I guess Ford wasn't keen into details regarding the fuel lid and fuel lid lock.

Na saan na pala etong thread ng mga praises ng Fiesta? Ay, eto pala.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77313

Just glue it back on with clear silicon and problem solved. Post it on FB fiesta so alam ng Ford. I don't think this needs a recall.
    As I understand it, there are grounds for a car company to issue a recall. there is a proper agency, like in the US, that provides for guidelines on what defects are subject to recalls. If it involves the safety, then sigurado yan na ipa-recall.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Ford Fiesta Gas Lid Can Be Removed Forcibly