New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Guys,

pa help naman, may naka experience naba sa inyo na engine alarm s fofi nyo? 5 months plang since nakuha ang fofi ecoboost naming nag engine alarm na. 2x na din nacheck ng Ford Cabanatuan pro bumabalik parin. ang reason daw ng engine alarm as per their computer is unbalance mixture ng fuel at air ratio. papalitan nalang dw ng fuel injectors pro since early November up to now, hindi pa dumarating yung fuel injectors. pro s performance, wala naming nabago, powerful parin.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    . They say most 3-cylinder engines do idle at higher rpm compared to 4-bangers (usually around 700-800rpm). The weekday traffic just punishes the fuel efficiency of the Fiesta Ecoboost (doing 8 km/L now) but on light traffic, it is very good. The Fiesta Ecoboost really loves the highways and expressways. You can make the most out of its fuel efficiency and also its ability to scoot fast.
    Small Displacement 3 Cylinder Turbo engines have to work much harder than ordinary 4 cylinder ones.

High Compression ratios will put more pressure on your pistons and other engine parts. Higher revs also adds to the wear and tear.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by french View Post
    Small Displacement 3 Cylinder Turbo engines have to work much harder than ordinary 4 cylinder ones.

High Compression ratios will put more pressure on your pistons and other engine parts. Higher revs also adds to the wear and tear.
    are there studies on the expected lifespan of today's 3 cylinder car engines, compared to the traditional 4 cylinder car engines?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by emongzky View Post
    Guys,

pa help naman, may naka experience naba sa inyo na engine alarm s fofi nyo? 5 months plang since nakuha ang fofi ecoboost naming nag engine alarm na. 2x na din nacheck ng Ford Cabanatuan pro bumabalik parin. ang reason daw ng engine alarm as per their computer is unbalance mixture ng fuel at air ratio. papalitan nalang dw ng fuel injectors pro since early November up to now, hindi pa dumarating yung fuel injectors. pro s performance, wala naming nabago, powerful parin.
    I haven't experienced this and praying I will not. How's your Ecoboost? Wala pa rin ba yung injectors? Sana maging maayos na.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post
    I haven't experienced this and praying I will not. How's your Ecoboost? Wala pa rin ba yung injectors? Sana maging maayos na.
    The Fofi ecoboost is fine, performance is still awesome but worried that someday it will break. i am still waiting for the injectors and contacting both Ford Cabanatuan and Ford Phil thru FB.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    The Fofi ecoboost is fine, performance is still awesome but worried that someday it will break. i am still waiting for the injectors and contacting both Ford Cabanatuan and Ford Phil thru FB.
    Sa wakas, after 3 months of waiting, napalitan na din fuel injectors ng Fofi ko, maliit daw yung butas ng injectors kya hindi mabalance ang fuel at air. Sabi ng driver namin, it seems lumakas daw ang hatak. (ofw kasi ako at out of the country). Materials and labor free kasi under warranty pa..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sa wakas, after 3 months of waiting, napalitan na din fuel injectors ng Fofi ko, maliit daw yung butas ng injectors kya hindi mabalance ang fuel at air. Sabi ng driver namin, it seems lumakas daw ang hatak. (ofw kasi ako at out of the country). Materials and labor free kasi under warranty pa..

7. Join Date
    May 2011

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

if may problem on claiming of warranty try to email ford philippines. last week medyo natagalan approval ng warrranty sa planta , nag email ako sunday evening sa ford phil., by monday morning 08:30 am tumatawag na sakin CSR ng ford phils. , and take note suspension(lower arm) pa claclaim ko sa kanila, covered naman.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 3GEMS View Post
    if may problem on claiming of warranty try to email ford philippines. last week medyo natagalan approval ng warrranty sa planta , nag email ako sunday evening sa ford phil., by monday morning 08:30 am tumatawag na sakin CSR ng ford phils. , and take note suspension(lower arm) pa claclaim ko sa kanila, covered naman.
    face-off.jpg

Napalitan na din ung Fuel injectors after 3 mos. Share lang ng pix ng Fofi at big brother nya, fresh from casa.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I have a ford fiesta ecoboost 2014 model, the first 2 years im very much satisfied with the performance (power/speed/handling) panalo.... but last Nov2016 my fofi experienced on transmission jerking especially from stop and go traffic. I brought it to CASA and 1st what they did is the reprogramming of TCM after a week symptoms comes back, i brought again to CASA and they diagnose to replace the TCM module. It took 2 weeks before the parts arrive and they replace the TCM (warranty covered) there was an improvement but sometimes it comes back occasionally so my worry is not that much. I will complain again to casa hoping they will change the clutch assembly (this parts still cover by warranty) and positively looking to bring back the smooth performance of my FOFI just when it was before. Has any one of you experience the same problem? any comments .

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox2007 View Post
    I have a ford fiesta ecoboost 2014 model, the first 2 years im very much satisfied with the performance (power/speed/handling) panalo.... but last Nov2016 my fofi experienced on transmission jerking especially from stop and go traffic. I brought it to CASA and 1st what they did is the reprogramming of TCM after a week symptoms comes back, i brought again to CASA and they diagnose to replace the TCM module. It took 2 weeks before the parts arrive and they replace the TCM (warranty covered) there was an improvement but sometimes it comes back occasionally so my worry is not that much. I will complain again to casa hoping they will change the clutch assembly (this parts still cover by warranty) and positively looking to bring back the smooth performance of my FOFI just when it was before. Has any one of you experience the same problem? any comments .

Eto pala yung TCM picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc_0689.jpg   dsc_0686.jpg  

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Ford Fiesta Eco boost 2014 dito tayo....