New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    hi guys,
    my first Ford and i am already regretting it.
    i have a ford explorer 2012 Limited 3.5L V6 with 40,000km and i am the second owner. its been just 3 weeks and i am having a problem
    sometimes the car looks like its struggling and then suddenly on my left cluster i get an error AWD off followed by Terrain Management System fault and then an Orange Wrench. at this point the car can barely move. once i switch off the car and wait for 2 mins, the car takes a long sel to start and the error goes away.
    This happens in no specific pattern, just anywhere, any speed, anytime.... making it so dangerous..
    i have already updated the software on the Abs Terrain module but still the same thing ...

Any other explorer owners having the same problem?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    What is the diagnosis of the service center ?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by szekan View Post
    hi guys,
    my first Ford and i am already regretting it.
    i have a ford explorer 2012 Limited 3.5L V6 with 40,000km and i am the second owner. its been just 3 weeks and i am having a problem
    sometimes the car looks like its struggling and then suddenly on my left cluster i get an error AWD off followed by Terrain Management System fault and then an Orange Wrench. at this point the car can barely move. once i switch off the car and wait for 2 mins, the car takes a long sel to start and the error goes away.
    This happens in no specific pattern, just anywhere, any speed, anytime.... making it so dangerous..
    i have already updated the software on the Abs Terrain module but still the same thing ...

Any other explorer owners having the same problem?
    Naka intermittent LIMp Mode ka nyan with wrench light. There is a problem in your system and Ford is disabling some advanced festures. Thats the best aboud Ford vehicles, makakauwi ka pa din kahit may problema.

Pero madugo yan pag sa casa mo pinagawa. I suggest you buy an OBD scanner from Lazada, and start listing down the error codes. And research one by one.

I had that problem once in my explorer. 4 error codes at the same time. Binaklas ko ang buong upper intske system, throttle controller body, egr and cleaned and dried and replaced some rubber gaskets.

It narrowed into one malfunctioning sensor. I called Ford casa, 12k daw yun sensor, I called banawe dealer 5k daw pero by order. i got the part number and sesrched in amazon, P900 lang hihihi. Pero I waited one month for the shipment.

Best thing about fords, so easy to locate parts coz well categorized sya sa Autozone UsA. I suggest you start formulating search keywords for Youtube. So many Youtube videos about repairing Ford Explorers out there.

Though this may not help. If you bought 2nd hand, i would suggest sana na mag-PMs ka na as in yun tipong pang 40k, change oil, oil filter, air filter, sparkplugs, power steering fluid, brake fluid, transfer case fluid, transmission fluid, differential fluid. And buy only Motorcraft brand from reputable stores like Mazford.. it may help in the diagnosis kasi bago lahat ng consumables.

If your problem is the awd or terrain, i would really change all the fluids related under that. In my case since I also have 4x4 Ford explorer, i change transfer case fluid, front differential and rear differential fluid,

Btw, if you gonna diy. I suggest you invest in a complete ratchet system with 3/8 and 1/2. Ford uses a lot of Torx screws (or Star) and also extension adaptors for those hard to reach acrews.

If mechanic naman i would recommend 4dpro mechanics. They are in facebook, search mo na lang,

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Good one OB!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    And also for ford USA units, i would strongly recommend na pa-check nyo sa mechanic ang health ng high tension wires. Sa US kasi they consider this a periodic replaceable part but its not the in the users manuals. In most jap cars, kahit 10 years na car mo , the high tension war is as durable as the engine. Pero with ford units especially explorers and expeds, Americans replace this part kagad, dont know why. I had this problem, i bought a third party set of high tension wires from a relative na bslikbayan. It solved a nagging 3 month problem noon. Yun intermittent stalling as well as mikd misfiring.

Im thinking it might be the stop and go traffic here in the metro. It's wearing off the wires faster.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thank you minicarph for being helpful for once. Breath of fresh air. Ford explorer owners here anyone?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    And also for ford USA units, i would strongly recommend na pa-check nyo sa mechanic ang health ng high tension wires. Sa US kasi they consider this a periodic replaceable part but its not the in the users manuals. In most jap cars, kahit 10 years na car mo , the high tension war is as durable as the engine. Pero with ford units especially explorers and expeds, Americans replace this part kagad, dont know why. I had this problem, i bought a third party set of high tension wires from a relative na bslikbayan. It solved a nagging 3 month problem noon. Yun intermittent stalling as well as mikd misfiring.

Im thinking it might be the stop and go traffic here in the metro. It's wearing off the wires faster.
    My Exped back when I was in the US had to have its ignition coils replaced. The 4.6L V8 was misfiring in cylinders 3 and 8. It was diagnosed (by Autozone) that the coils were the culprit.

I found out later that the 4.6L V8 was prone to misfiring when the weather changes (warm to cold, cold to warm). All it needed was an Italian tune-up; load up with premium gas and rev that big V8 on the interstate.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Thank you minicarph for being helpful for once. Breath of fresh air. Ford explorer owners here anyone?

all of above is part of my life story, juts. the horrors of owning an all-american Ford. 5 years in the making, starting when i was handed down this car. buti na lang libre hihi

the TS has great opportunity with his problematic car. if he conquers it, then sigurado kahit ano car sisiw na problems nya sa future. grabe saket ng ulo FORD. FORD - Fix or Repair Daily, I literally lived that. now I dont fear Ford.

minsan nagtitingen tingen ako ng Dodge Nitro na used sa olx saka sa philkotse. amputsa mahal naman magbenta ng owner, para gusto ko lang i-conquer eto car nato, kasi gusto gusto ko to a decade ago

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Hehehe parang fake news ung post nya pero may laman! Keep it up OB!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    My Exped back when I was in the US had to have its ignition coils replaced. The 4.6L V8 was misfiring in cylinders 3 and 8. It was diagnosed (by Autozone) that the coils were the culprit.

I found out later that the 4.6L V8 was prone to misfiring when the weather changes (warm to cold, cold to warm). All it needed was an Italian tune-up; load up with premium gas and rev that big V8 on the interstate.
    malaki electrical problem ng mga American cars. yun isa high tension wire ko literally naputol ang connection. ang tindeh yun lang ang naging problema, it's right under our nose. even the pinoy mechanics di kinaya kung anu-ano pinalitan my alternator failed also. buti nga nun nagbabasa ako sa Traiblazer FB Page, may nasiraan ng alternator dun wala pa 2 years. sabi ko sa jap cars wala naman mga electrical problem.

i dunno maybe Ford and Chevyshave so much electronic toys noon and their vehicles are tested sa mga freeways and less traffic America. pag nasabak sa setting natin, sira-sira talaga. buti sa America you can run like that, and do Italian tuneup, eh dito minsan kasi sa NLEX traffic yun day pa na nag-absent ka to test.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast