New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OO nga eh.....kakainis naman kung kelan pa ako nagbigay ng go signal para kunin na everest .....nagayon din lang lumabas tong mga comments na mga to....hu hu hu ....malapit na ako magsisisi

Originally posted by rangered
    hehe mas ok pa pala ung mausok kong L200 its transmission has never been touched.

Usokpower,

You're right. I also drive an old pajero (12 yrs, 88k) and a very used Mazda B22(7 yrs, 200k), both still have soft and suave na clutching and gear shifting. I guess huli na ang pagsisi coz nandyan na ang ranger pick-up (only 3 yrs, 36K). Had I gone thru all the forums and advices, I think, the strada would have been a better choice. I think one criteria for selection should be how you feel the vehicle (by direct contact of the hands on the steering wheel and gearstick and the feet on the clutch, brake and accelerator) rather than its engine and other specs which are indirect feedbacks.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    to rangered,
    Im not sure if we have the same problem that I can advice the same fix. But what the mechanic did was replace the clutch valve. He bought a clutch repair that cost P500 only and thats it. Before after driving an hour or two during heavy traffic I cant engage the gears, I have to stop for awhile then drive again. This was when the truck has 34thou km on it. I still experience acceleration stuttering(tama ba) specially after being on heavy traffic. Im not a clutch driver mind you. I had my honda for almost 11 years now and have not replaced the clutch, It has 170k km on it. And I also drive an strada and my isuzu.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Add na rin ako,

Brother ko naka 2001 na Ford Explorer Sportrac. 2 years pa lang and 70t km dami nang squeaks ang Interior. Parang karag karag na I drive. Sabog an shocks nito at May cracks na sa clearcoat ng paint niya. Kalawang na ang stepboard niya at faded na ang silver dash trim niya.
    He recently replaced the Aircon evaporator na casa only ang pwede gumawa due to unique fittings. to the tune of 30t.

He now dreams of owning a Japanese Suv.
    Last ford na namin yan sa family namin.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by IJD180
    Add na rin ako,

Brother ko naka 2001 na Ford Explorer Sportrac. 2 years pa lang and 70t km dami nang squeaks ang Interior. Parang karag karag na I drive. Sabog an shocks nito at May cracks na sa clearcoat ng paint niya. Kalawang na ang stepboard niya at faded na ang silver dash trim niya.
    He recently replaced the Aircon evaporator na casa only ang pwede gumawa due to unique fittings. to the tune of 30t.

He now dreams of owning a Japanese Suv.
    Last ford na namin yan sa family namin.
    uhhmmm...sir...mawalang galang na po...pero 70 thou kms in only 2 years eh gamit na gamit yan!!!

i wont wonder kung bakit napakarami nang kalampag at problema niyan.....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by GlennSter
    uhhmmm...sir...mawalang galang na po...pero 70 thou kms in only 2 years eh gamit na gamit yan!!!

i wont wonder kung bakit napakarami nang kalampag at problema niyan.....
    i agree Glennster. i've been using my pickup daily (including most of saturdays and sundays) with a usual route from home to office and going back home with a total distance is 49 km. but i only consumed a total of 80,000 km in almost 4 years of usage. kung 70,000km in 2 years, malamang gamit na gamit nga yan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by RedHorse
    am waiting for the local release of 2004 F150.
    mga mods/admins, sensya na pero OT po ito. Kailangan ko lang po sana ang atensyon ni kasamang RedHorse.

Ed, check mo email mo or please send an email to dynamiteC1*yahoo.com regarding your Neil Young DVD.

Merry Xmas!!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Glenster & Explorer,

No offense to Ford owners there, Im just sharing my views and our experience with the ford vehicle.

The ford is not exactly 2 years more like 2.5 years. It Drives like its a much older vehicle. Mind you casa maintained ito with regular PMS.
    Medyo high mileage kami gumamit sa lahat ng sasakyan namin. Puros biyahe kami. So Im comparing the Ford Sportrac with our older vehicles with higher mileage.

We have 2000 carnival has 102thousand on the clock eto 3years and 3 months ko gamit. Feels and drives much better than the ford. Di siya karag karag tumakbo. A squeak here and there in rough roads and a door rattle in the passenger door goin over potholes but nothing serious.
    We just sold our 99 gen 2.5 pajero with 85thousand on the odometer. This pajero has a few squeaks when goin over potholes but still drives great when we sold it. The new owner is happy with his purchase.

All highway driven ang vehicles goin at the same route. The ford is relatively in worse shape than our other vehicles.

The relatively Newer ford with Lower Mileage has deteriorated the most in comparison to our other vehicles with are older and have more mileage

Its the ford is the only one showing clear coat deterioration (Cracks), fading plastic trim, fading dashboard trim, rusty stepboard ( repaired under warranty then it rusted again. It drives like its really old despite regular casa service. This ford has never been on an accident.

Based on my experience. I stand by my conclusion about the ford we own.

8. FrankDrebin Guest
    AFAIK, matagal nang sirain ang Ford mula pa nung Telstar. Tanungin mo yung mga me idad na nung 70s at 80s. Ayaw nila ng Ford noon. Kasi daw sirain, mabilis kalawangin at mahirap ang parts.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no offense taken...as always.

to each his own...;)

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Basta ako ayoko na ng ford. Last na yung Binili namin. Hope this thread will be read by someone from ford!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
 ford * erwin tulfo